Vinyl

Bill Hayes

Watched the first two episodes of the series 'Vinyl' which is about the record industry. I've quite enjoyed it. I think the chaotic nature of the performances, the story and editing add to the experience but take just a moment to buy into it all. Within the first half hour I was pretty much hooked though. Bobby Canavale seems to have owned his role in a similar way to how he portrayed his character in Boardwalk Empire. Would be interesting to get other's thoughts. I reckon it could be quite polarising perhaps.

I was not that into it during the first hour of the premiere... I even stopped watching. But a day or so later, I watched the rest of the first episode and then the second one - I'm hooked. The show is well done, the acting is quite good and I dig the story. Looking forward to the rest of the series.

• Like 1

So far, it hasn't grabbed me. I love the concept, the era and the subject matter. Very disjointed storytelling and editing has me wondering where the flashbacks and current timeline really are. Bobby Cannavale is definitely deserving of a lead role and this looks like a great fit but the episodes aired so far haven't completely won me over.

• Like 1

I wasn't sold on this 100% until the 3rd episode. The 1st two ep's seem over the top and kinda sloppy, but I think with the 3rd ep they are right on track and I enjoyed it more.

Andrew "Dice" Clay, holy crap that was an amazing acting scene on his part, I've been a Dice fan from way back, but I didn't know he had this in him.

Ray Romano.....wow great job on his acting part as well.

The actor who played Alice Cooper was fantastic!

I am a fan of the show now full fledged.

I watched the first two yesterday and it was great. I love watching HBO series' the commercials really ruin the mood for other shows. Can't wait to watch the third today.