Who will be next?

leftimatic

Jeez what a crazy month or so indeed! Lemmy Kilmister from Motorhead, Natalie Cole, David Bowie, and now Glenn Frey. Not to mention a tonne of actors and actresses. May they all rest in peace and all will be truly missed.

Lemmy especially. He got me through high school. Always the king of class in my eyes.

For losing great entertainers, this has been one of the worst months I can recall. I guess as you age this is to be expected. The death of David Bowie has hit me harder than I could really imagine. His life and music have been big influences on my life. He was able to be an individual, reinvent himself constantly and yet be a very private person when he needed to. I think that's a huge deal in a shameless world of self promotion, especially in today's music business. Thank you Mr. Bowie for leaving us with 2 CDs over the past 18 months as you battled hard to leave something for your fans when most would have just sucked up the pain meds and let nature take its course.

I'm dreading the next few years as so many movie greats are up there in age. Nicholson, DeNiro, Eastwood, Michael Douglas, Morgan Freeman, Robert Redford just to name a few. These notices do really feel like a kick to the groin and leave you feeling like this rock is littered with more Biebers and Taylor Swift kids than what we might remember as great artists that changed societies views on music in general. We still have Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson, but not for long. It will be a very sad day when Willie is no longer around. Keith Richards is prof that you can abuse your mind, body and soul, and yet still live on. I guess when it's your time, it doesn't matter how long you have been residing on planet earth.

A serious farewell to Major Tom. I dread to think that soon we won't have the greats from all the bands from Zepplin, the Stones, McCartney, as well as a multitude from Country and Alternative genres as well as Jazz and the blues. These kind of weeks really bum me out.

Lemmy and Motörhead. What can be said. Life just isn't the same.

"What should we start with?"

"An '82 Margaux."

"Is it good?"

"Good? It will make you believe in God!"