So I finally tried Karuizawa whisky

ChanceSchmerr

At the Whisky Show in London. 1981 Noh bottling. Single cask.

I finally get it. One of the most unique and wonderful whiskies I've ever had. Notes of meat, buttery prosciutto, and Asian food and spices. Remarkable. The japanese oak used for the whisky is something special.

I still can never afford a bottle at what they sell for now, but i can say I've tried it and the hype is justified!

Anyone else tried it?

• Like 2

I have had the SMWS 132.5 which is a Karuizawa, it is exceptional. Even so, I find it hard to justify the asking price for it in today's terms.

I have also been fortunate to have a bottle of the SMWS 132.2 but cannot bring myself to open it considering it's apparent worth - I suppose it is a blessing and a curse.

I have had the SMWS 132.5 which is a Karuizawa, it is exceptional. Even so, I find it hard to justify the asking price for it in today's terms.

I have also been fortunate to have a bottle of the SMWS 132.2 but cannot bring myself to open it considering it's apparent worth - I suppose it is a blessing and a curse.

One day I hope I will be cursed like this

I honestly find the Japanese Whisky too perfect, too prescriptive...

My palatial preference is for the unpredictability and variance within Scotch distilleries...

Black Sheep don't follow the normal path...

I honestly find the Japanese Whisky too perfect, too prescriptive...

My palatial preference is for the unpredictability and variance within Scotch distilleries...

Order and chaos. To me they both have their respective charms & drawbacks.

:D

• Like 1