Managing my wineador condensation

jimsta10

Ladies and gents,

One of my wineadors recently experienced some condensation....I'm going going to bore you with all the technical details with my dew point issues...but instead show you how I'm currently managing this problem.

I have two thermo electric wineador units, both have separate digital temp controller with units and cpu fan.

Digital temperature shuts off at exactly 17.5'C and comes back at 17.8'C.

My two units are below.

post-24908-143795103166.jpg

This is how I control the condensation. I taped the cpu fan to the existing thermo fan. Cpu fan is on 24/24....Theory is, when thermo fan shuts off at 17.5'C, the separate cpu fan will continue to fan/blow the cooling thermo unit, in turn drying from any moisture/condensation. If both fans/units are running at the same time, the force from both fans has made the thermo unit dry to touch.

This has been running for 1 week without any signs of condensation. Good news....for now.

I will monitor and keep you guys posted. Good luck if you wish to try.

post-24908-143795141766.jpgpost-24908-143795142772.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I am having condensation issues in my wineador and have been regretting sealing the drain. How is this working out for you? I have a cpu fan wired in to run about 6 hours a day on 1/2 hour intervals. I could add one onto the thermo unit if your solution is working.

Thanks for starting the thread!

• 4 weeks later...

I am having condensation issues in my wineador and have been regretting sealing the drain. How is this working out for you? I have a cpu fan wired in to run about 6 hours a day on 1/2 hour intervals. I could add one onto the thermo unit if your solution is working.

Thanks for starting the thread!

Heya mate,

sorry for the delayed response...not sure why this thread didnt alert me..anyhow....

the thermo unit has an inbuilt one, I added another that runs 24/7...has been working like for over 6 weeks. no condensation issues at all.

keep in mind, i have digital temperature controller which i installed separately...this provides accurate control of 17.5'C - 17.8'C at all times...

your condensation issues could be a number of things...however i found setting the temperature at a lower setting and having a digital controller really works for me...(in both my units)...

i dont bother turning off the cpu fan...because when the unit is on, humidity drops to the bottom and the fan helps it circulate.

good luck!

Cheers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heya mate,

sorry for the delayed response...not sure why this thread didnt alert me..anyhow....

the thermo unit has an inbuilt one, I added another that runs 24/7...has been working like for over 6 weeks. no condensation issues at all.

keep in mind, i have digital temperature controller which i installed separately...this provides accurate control of 17.5'C - 17.8'C at all times...

your condensation issues could be a number of things...however i found setting the temperature at a lower setting and having a digital controller really works for me...(in both my units)...

i dont bother turning off the cpu fan...because when the unit is on, humidity drops to the bottom and the fan helps it circulate.

good luck!

Cheers

Thanks for the response. I will look into mounting a fan on the cooler fan because my condesation is out of control at the moment. What is the difference in temperature between the fridge and ambient for you? I have an average 15F difference so the fridge is worming pretty hard.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the response. I will look into mounting a fan on the cooler fan because my condesation is out of control at the moment. What is the difference in temperature between the fridge and ambient for you? I have an average 15F difference so the fridge is worming pretty hard.

Your wineador is too low. Set it around 17'C. Right now, ambient is about 15 wineador around 16-17'C

• Like 1

Your wineador is too low. Set it around 17'C. Right now, ambient is about 15 wineador around 16-17'C

I think we had a Celsius to Fahrenheit miscommunication. LOL. I will speak in Celsius fomr here on.....My wineador is set at 19C and the ambient temp is an average of 28C. BTW what digital controller are you using?

• 3 months later...

The temperature here in Melbourne has been extremely hot over the past 2 weeks with highs around 40'C...Both my Wineadors ran like a dream with no condensation issues until i opened the doors on a really hot day...

AVOID opening our wineador on really hot days! this will result in a dramatic humidity change...I made the mistake on a couple of occasions and got really worried within it dropped dramatically from 66% to 52% and temp went from 18'C to 24'C within a matter of 60 seconds from the door being opened. i made a stupid newbie mistake by turning up the temperature power within the wineador... the thermo was working much harder than expected and condensation started to build due to the ambient temp outside. i quickly fixed this by reverting the temperature back down to mid-low, whipped the condensation with a paper towel...it adjusted itself overnight...(I couldnt sleep that night).

Rule of thumb: dont panic, dont touch and be patient. The wineador will adjust itself...

If you plan to have a smoke try to be quick with the extraction...and lastly avoid procrastinating while the door is open...

Cheers