origin aftermath - because it deserves its own thread

I agree that it would dilute the meaning of the game if 'foreigners' were allowed to represent either state in a serious way. It would make a gimmick out of it.

Sadly I can see it happening.

As for Pearce and JT, well Pearce would be a damned fool if this is true. I have the highest opinion of JT as a player, it's a toss up between him and Cam Smith as to who is the best in this group of players.

I agree that it would dilute the meaning of the game if 'foreigners' were allowed to represent either state in a serious way. It would make a gimmick out of it.

As for Pearce and JT, well Pearce would be a damned fool if this is true. I have the highest opinion of JT as a player, it's a toss up between him and Cam Smith as to who is the best in this group of players.

it has been widely reported up here. and backed up by a number of players. darius boyd suggested that sledging JT would not be his first choice of action. i think he might have been right.

may i suggest you watch the entire game again (okay, i'm not serious) but near the end, you see JT really getting stuck into pearce in a way i have never seen from him towards anyone ever before. i was really curious why. once i read about pearce (and despite the saintly halo absurdly bestowed on certain members of his family, he comes from a line not overly endowed with intelligence), it made sense.

agree with you re these two - long thought without JT (and obviously locky before him), we'd never have done this. GI is brilliant but JT is the master. smith with his extraordinary calmness and ability just as crucial.

just saw this. you can't hear what is said but it does show you JT in full voice at pearce.

you don't have to read the article!

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/state-of-origin-why-queensland-supremacy-is-set-to-continue-and-nsw-future-looks-bleak/story-fnp0lyn6-1227436788935

My enjoyment of that video probably reflects one of NSW problems. I watched the game with a Roosters and a Bulldogs fan. During the match the Dogs fan and I berated our mate over Pearces winning record (something like 14 losses and 4 wins, can't remember exactly) Then the Roosters fan and I turn in the Dogs fan and say the hyped up Klemmer is nowhere to be seen. Later they turn on me for my clubs lack of representation and DCE's issues.

Quite simply we are not together.

We don't want any Sydney team to do well other than ours. I have gone for the Broncos in every GF they've played coz I don't want anyone but Manly to succeed. My mates feel the same.

Look at your lot. DCE backflips on the Titans and this offends Broncos fans! Crazy