You can go a bit crazy.....

Miner

Interesting... But the humidity seems a bit low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My data logger is cheap and is off by about 5%. The point I'm trying to make is, I think I've have finally made it table (somewhat)...

My data logger is cheap and is off by about 5%. The point I'm trying to make is, I think I've have finally made it table (somewhat)...

Haha yes indeed! Are you willing to share your strategy on how you did that?

Haha yes indeed! Are you willing to share your strategy on how you did that?

Hi mate no worries.

I turned my bar fridge to lowest setting and install a Willhi WH1436 digital temperature control. Set my temp to 16.5'C with a 1'C increase before starting the compressor. It will switch the fridge off at 16.5'C and allow it to reach up to 17.5 before starting again. The lowest setting allows it not to 'blast' cool the fridge. I also have about 2kgs of cat litter.

Trial and error my friend.

Hi mate no worries.

I turned my bar fridge to lowest setting and install a Willhi WH1436 digital temperature control. Set my temp to 16.5'C with a 1'C increase before starting the compressor. It will switch the fridge off at 16.5'C and allow it to reach up to 17.5 before starting again. The lowest setting allows it not to 'blast' cool the fridge. I also have about 2kgs of cat litter.

Trial and error my friend.

You need to adjust your scale my friend. You are losing the details based on your axis scaling. You need to look at the macro scale to see how the cigar lives in the real world of various temperatures. You need to examine the micro scale to see how your appliances respond to the changes in conditions, how they switch on and off and how it affects your environment.

Here are some examples:

post-79-0-04039900-1435786246_thumb.png

post-79-0-28745900-1435786348_thumb.png

Just so one understands what is going on here, there are small heat cycles, based on a cool ambient, and within them, smaller dehydration cycles.

This is a longer term data log and it is sampled every 10 seconds. Typically I sample once a second for real nuts and bolts testing.

If you looked at the micro log without a scale you would say 'my God, that's not working!' But once you understand what the scale is and can see that the 'huge swings' correlate to about 2rH you see it differently!

It behooves you to scale properly so you can measure the duration of cycles and see the real swings. I can tell you that you should adjust your activation logic to move your temperature changes to far less than 1 deg C, or even 1 deg. F. At a 5 deg delta T, I can see that a 1 degree move might take your machine 5 minutes to adjust for, maybe more depending on the designs. 5 minute run times mean massive dehydration for passive systems. If you are not seeing the dehydration, you are not circulating the air and the water I the cooler properly.

When you test, you should run some fans in there full time. If you don't you are only seeing a partial picture of the internal environment and only in the space where you rested the data logger.

Good luck on your project!!

Cheers! -Piggy

• 3 months later...

I have a chest freezer set-up running now . I have mainly 69rh Boveda's, bot a couple of 65&62 to play with.

Winter just past has been as high as 28c, but mainly about 25c.

So I have set this at 21c, cools down to about 18c, or maybe a bit lower before switching off.

I'd say the lower half of chest would be less fluctuation in temp.

So do I need to take the temp down a bit lower.

And should I ditch the boveda's when expired for KL, and set at about 65rh.

My main issue was I didn't want them to sit through their first summer 32c - 40c.

I freeze everything, and nothing gets in there, not even Johnny Depp's VIP handbag migrating head lice.