Where Cant You Smoke In Cuba

I was talking to the missus last night about trying to organise a trip to Cuba late next year or early 2016.

She mentioned that while she enjoy me and cigars, the idea of following me to LCDH's day after day isn't here idea of a holiday.

I did mention the beautiful architexture and rich history of the island and she imeandiatly started googleing the non cigar related tourists spots.

2 hours later she had a list of place she wanted to see if she makes the trip

I figure we could do a one day for me, one for her sort of arrangement when we can check out some of the tourist hot spots one day and then some LCDH/Factories the next.

As long as I have a cigar in my hand, I'll be happy.

It does beg the question though, where in Cuba are you not allowed to smoke?

I'm not so naïve as to think that you can smoke where ever you want, but coming from Australia where its becoming difficult to smoke in your own car, I'm curious what the restrictions on smoking are like in Cuba

There's a pizzeria just down the road from the Nacional where they wouldn't let us in if we were smoking.

There's also 2 tables in the lobby of the Parque Central behind the staircase that are the non smoking area (this may have expanded since I was there last year).

Apart from that I'm trying hard to think where....oh yeah they had s no smoking sign in the quality control office of El Laguito....not that any notice was paid to it!

I was shocked at the restrictions on smoking. I assumed that, in Cuba, of all places, you could smoke most any place. No. The worst was Cayo Santa Maria resort. There was no

place inside the whole resort to smoke. We had to sit outside in the heat and humidity to enjoy a cigar. I couldn't believe it.

Granted, they are still a lot more liberal with smoking than here in the U. S., but this was probably the most surprising thing to me about the whole trip.

I was too a little surprised about nonsmoking in Cuba. They have passed a ban but it seems generally ignored. However many higher-end and tourist oriented establishments (and gentlemen's clubs) have taken it to heart.

I believe you are generally safe in any open-air establishment e.g, the patio/balcony of finer restaurants though you should ask to be sure.

Still plenty of smoke friendly places, just best to confirm before committing.