Calling all Hong Kong FoH Members

So i'm going to be in Hong Kong from 17th Jan till 27th Jan and would love to meet up with any members in the area. At this stage I have nothing organised apart from the flight there. I would most likely stay in Kowloon near to the Sheraton so that I can be close to the LCDH.

If anyone would like to lock in a herf time and date feel free to let me know when and where. At this stage I have no idea what the hell i'm going to do in Hong Kong for 10 days. So if you have any travel recommendations let me know as well.

• 4 weeks later...

LCDH?

You need to be familiar with the name Pacific Cigar Company, brother.

There are many many cigar lounges in Hong Kong. If they are not a part of the PCC franchaise, they are very likely to carry fakes, unless you can spot them and avoid them.

www.pacificcigar.com

You should visit all these lounges on the webite with the exception of Cohiba Atmosphere, which require a membership. Unless you can get in touch with someone who does. There's plenty to do besides than visiting that 1 lounge.

Getting around HK is a breeze, the LCDH you speak of is owned by PCC, PCC cigars are priced relatively high compared to FOH prices, they are retail. If you are going to spend coin, might as well spend it useful. PCC has a selection of aged cigars which they call "vintage collection" by no means vintage, but yes aged. They also have an extensive range of LE's and many Regionals Asia Pacific regionals, and Canadian regionals. Spend your coin on the aforementioned above.

Get yourself an Octopus card for traveling, and for shopping. If you miss the last MTR (don't say 'subway', no one will understand you), the taxis (don't use 'cabs') are priced reasonably, extra fees to cross the harbour (from TST to Central)

Words to use and be familiar with in HK:

- Taxi

- MTR

- Toilet (not bathroom/washroom)

- Mobile phone (not cell phone)

- Tram (not street car)

Visiting lounges in HK is truly a treat for cigar aficinados, they are all independently themed, with excellent service. You must order a drink though, which is about $10-20 USD. Tips are not mandatory, but a $20 HKD bill is a nice gesture, if you are loaded $100 HKD.

FOH members in Hong Kong don't usually meet up, don't get your hopes up too high. You are better off making new friends at the lounges, which many expats gather after work, or during work.

Here are a few lounges I suggest you give priority to:

The Red Chamber (its located up the stairs beside A&F)

- if you don't want to have an alcoholic beverage, their teas are served in esquisit teapots,

or try my personal favourite, cold grape juice sode with lemon served in a sterling cup.

LCDH (they call it La Casa, everything in HK is in short form)

You'll probably know more about cigars than the staff who works there,

across the street form the Sheraton hotel (no idea why you picked this hotel)

Located at the peninsula hotel, there a Davidoff lounge, that carries cubans too LOL

Blind Pig

They open till 3 am on Fridays and Saturdays, they also ahve the best drinks cocktail-wise

Pacific Cigar Divan

Located on the 24/F, only 1 out of 3 elevators from the lobby takes you there.

Lounges you can forget about due to your short stay:

Anything that isn't on the PCC website

Cigar emporium in Causeway Bay

Havana Express (not a lounge not just a stand alone store)

Cigar room at the Grand Hyatt hotel (unless you are already at the Grand Hyatt for some reason, its out of the way)

Other Cigar tips in HK:

99% of outdoor patios are smoke friendly, enjoy a good meal/drink and light one up!

Never purchase (unless your life is on the line) cigars at a restaurant, or bar. They are basically factory rejects stored naked in wine fridges.

You must check out Lan Kwai Fong (research on google)

Avoid Theme Parks in Hong Kong

If you are not chinese, and you speak English, people usually treat you better.

If you are white, you can do whatever you want, almost.

keep an eye on your belongings at all times, especially your phone and wallet

Do not drink out of the taps

• Like 2