Fun vintage lighters

Some very nice looking pieces there, many with quite the age.

Shame there are only a couple of butane ones... unfortunately they use a disposable butane replacement cartridge system.

"In those days when your lighter ran out of fuel, you'd toss the empty cartridge and purchase a new one from a local dealer. Both of these lighters' vintage butane cartridges are long since depleted and no longer manufactured.

They are very good looking for display as-is and will work if you have, or can find, replacement cartridges."

some lovely pieces indeed.....guess as above, replacement parts, etc will be hard to come by.

nice for somone interested in putting a collection together!!

If you feel offended, then my apologies. I just posted what it impressed on me.

Many times people have come onto the forum and posted similar things for personal gains after disregarding the general rules put on to avoid.

The last thing I am is one of the grumpy, hate everything type of people, so if it came across as brash, then disregard the post. Don't take it personally.

• Like 1

Publically accusing someone of breaking forum rules seems like a pretty big deal to me. A little research would have made it obvious I had nothing to do with it though. Really no need to make those kinds of statements. If you really felt that way contacting me privately or contacting a mod would have made more sense.

I will make sure to be more careful about the things I share around here to avoid future issues.

Man, you don't have to watch what you post at all. I was stating what it looked like to me. The last type of person I am, is one that condemns anyone. I do, however speak my mind. I don't hide behind a screen & keyboard and become 10' tall & bulletproof as soon as the power switch is turn on to the computer. It was referring to your post, and how it was received by me, not any intentions toward you.

On another matter, I'd have gladly removed that post had you PM'd me with your feelings about it, but now we have a 5 post commentary on how easily intention and emotion can so easily get misconstrued in a forum type setting.