State of the NFL?

Abused women often don't leave their abusers. It doesn't make it her fault, and it doesn't make what Rice, the Ravens, and the NFL did any less awful. All three have behaved disgustingly, and her marrying him takes nothing away from that.

I totally agree with this. It is tempting to judge her, and yes, I definitely question her judgement, but unfortunately she has probably been in this self destructive pattern with him for awhile. Her comments on Instagram not only reflect her poor judgement, but show that she is unwilling to put the blame squarely on the person it belongs, on the man she married. It wasn't the media, fans, or anyone else that cost her husband his career. It was Ray Rice and Ray Rice alone. Sadly, victims of domestic violence are often incapable of placing the blame where it needs to be.

As for the NFL, I will be curious how they handle the fallout. Some may disagree, but I think Goodell should lose his job over this, but I doubt he will. Someone at some point there will be a fall guy for the league because this scandal has become too big. The question is who will it be?

It's scary to think that TMZ currently has more credibility than the commisioner of the NFL.

A very broad question - should a person lose their job, and possibly hope of obtaining another, for transgressions committed outside of work? ( and no, I'm not talking about rape, murder, etc, nor trivializing what happened )

Would you expect to be terminated by your employer?

A very broad question - should a person lose their job, and possibly hope of obtaining another, for transgressions committed outside of work? ( and no, I'm not talking about rape, murder, etc, nor trivializing what happened )

I think it depends on what you do for a living..Im in the construction trades and I'm puuuuuurty sure there are more than a few guys who have punched there wife or girlfriend and didn't lose there job...Now if that guy was in an elevator with a tee shirt on with company name on it and Anderson Cooper is leading off with the story than ..maybe...

NFL players have clauses in their contract dealing with legal/ethical behaviour. The NFL does this to try and protect their image. Didn't work this time.

Yes, they are 'moral turpitude' clauses that are common in professional sports. This was the grounds in which the Ravens released Rice as well as Hernandez with the Patriots last year.