Humidity Beads Help....

GodofFire

Being new to CC and getting my feet wet ordering a few boxes from the Prez I am looking to switch over to bulk beads but not sure where to start with how much to use in my humidors.

Currently I just have individual humidors for holding singles nothing in place for box storage yet. So I am hoping you guys can help me on how much to start in each of my humidors.

I have a 300 stick 2 level humidor.

150 stick 2 level dome

100 stick just 1 level

How much should I use in each. Also I see they sell a bigger mesh bag for holding 1lb but I want to find a few smaller ones so that I can put some beads in both levels. Where could I look to find smaller mesh bags.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Mike

Thanks for the link. All I could find on their website were larger bags.

Imho, get some tubes of 60% beads for the humidoors and get a cooler for box storage with 65% beads in the bags. Size depending on how deep you will go on boxes. 150 qt sea chests work nicely with room to grow and is cost effective. Work great for me.

I'm using HCM cigar beads which come in handy canisters for different sized Humidors.

That are superb and hold a rock steady 65rh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wasn't a believer before. I have used HF beads for years 70%. Recently ordered a pound of 65% for my 48qt cooler.

RH was 68-67 dried them some dropped to 62%.

I ordered 8oz HCM beads in the cylinder 24hr later the cooler is solid 65% and has been for 2 weeks. I think there worth the extra cost for sure!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't a believer before. I have used HF beads for years 70%. Recently ordered a pound of 65% for my 48qt cooler.

RH was 68-67 dried them some dropped to 62%.

I ordered 8oz HCM beads in the cylinder 24hr later the cooler is solid 65% and has been for 2 weeks. I think there worth the extra cost for sure!

Thanks air for your info. I will be doing the bread system for sure. Just gotta measure out all my humidors to get an idea of what I need to buy