Ken...

ShortFatHokie

Since you seem to be the resident wine expert, tell me about the Shiraz wines from the Barossa Valley. Went to a wine tasting on Saturday and picked up a bottle of this...

http://www.kysela.com/wine/wines-brand-by-country/australia-wine-brands/rubus-au/rubus-shiraz-barossa.html

Any idea where this came from?

Its pretty tasty...rich and fruity (blackberries) and the price was excellent!

not a label i am familiar with. far as i can see, it is like quite a few others where someone has created his own label. this guy seems to be doing wines from around the world. he may have come out and sourced the grapes himself and had them contract made. or simply had someone do it for him. the bottle may give you more clues.

no problem with doing it this way. some wonderful wines made like this.

the description sounds like a good general description of barossa shiraz. if you like it, terrific (lots to love about good barossa shiraz). you'll plenty of others to work through.

a great many. but the problem is that i could give you a list of 30 and none may be at your local bottleshop.

get a list of what your local - or the best regional bottleshop - has and either PM me and i'll send back some thoughts or post here as others may have some opinions.

one last point, worth dropping me a quick PM if you are posting a query. i'd completely missed this. rob alerted me.