Cigar smoke texture and feel difference between Marcas

While smoking a 2010 RA Exclusivo Libano yesterday night, i was mesmerised by the smoke this Cigar was producing especially at the end of the session. There was lot's of it and It felt pretty heavy and leathery.

My experience with Bolivar's is similar for example but the smoke is usually light and creamy so the smoke has a very different feel to it when you leave it in the mouth for a bit.

To my mind, it seems like each Marca seems to have not just it's own flavour profile but it's own smoke profile if that makes any sense! Like Bolivar smoke seems light and creamy , RA smoke seems dense and leathery ...

Would be good to hear from others about this.

Cheers

post-16968-0-22159500-1398899064_thumb.j

Personally, smoke density / texture - overall mouthfeel, is what I equate to, or how I define body. Certainly blending can play a large part, but I also feel that construction can be a large factor.

Generally speaking - again personally - I would not generally consider Bolivar as light and creamy (barring perhaps the Royal Corona and perhaps to a lesser degree the Belicoso Fino). Hoyo might fit that bill a bit more overall......

Interesting thought.

• Like 1

Personally, smoke density / texture - overall mouthfeel, is what I equate to, or how I define body. Certainly blending can play a large part, but I also feel that construction can be a large factor.

Generally speaking - again personally - I would not generally consider Bolivar as light and creamy (barring perhaps the Royal Corona and perhaps to a lesser degree the Belicoso Fino). Hoyo might fit that bill a bit more overall......

Interesting thought.

It does make sense to define it as body i guess! Same as wine in a way where body is usually the sense of feeling in the mouth.

Yes, I also describe mouthfeel as body and texture. I get oily, creamy, thin, viscous, dry, chewy, etc.