Re-seasoning/mini wineador

Philprop

So I've been researching a bit and looking for an answer to a problem I have, and I think Pig fish had this answer somewhere here but I cannot seem to find.

Anyway, I bought a little Capri 25-50 count humi a year ago, tries seasoning it by the wiping with distiller water method, only wiped once and tossed in my hygro after calibration with the boveda one step kit. I threw in my smokes and have been using boveda packs ever since and it's always been reading consistently within one or two percent. Fluctuates a bit as I open often and humidity in my house is around 70. I know I screwed up with seasoning but with the boveda packs my humi always seemed to be holding good and all my smokes taste great.

But lately the hygro has been reading low, before it was very consistent at 62-63% and has dropped to 58-59%. And I noticed the last 4 out of 5 cigars I've smoked have tasted a little harsh. Nothing has changed externally and only a few smokes have left the humi, so why would this happen?

Second question, seeing how I seasoned the stupid way, what can I do to fix this? How should I dry it out and season properly? I would use the boveda one step seasoning packs(I love the boveda packs by the way, work great in a small desktop like mine.)

And last question, I've noticed at my local Wal Mart they have a small, 6 bottle wine cooler on sale for $88. Was thinking about picking it up and converting it into a small wineador. It should be able to hold a few boxes. Does anyone think this would be a good buy? Also with one this small would I really need a fan? And would boveda packs work or would I definitly have to upgrade to beads?

Here is a link to the wine cooler.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/danby-6-bottle-counter-top-wine-cooler/6000043118692

Thanks for all and any input!

How did changing the batteries go for you mate?

I wouldn't stress too much unless the humi wood and sticks are saturated the bovedas should do their job well. I have logged mine (62% rg sachets) for several weeks with little rh change even with temp variations in excess of 20 degrees C. Im very confidant that I can rely on the bovedas to maintain the rh they say they will

I haven't changed the battery just yet. I put all my sticks I'm a small Tupperware container with the boveda and hygro and it went back up. Going to leave it another day or so and put them back in the humi and see what happens next.

• 3 weeks later...

Any update to share? I have been having the same problem with my small desktop and its driving me nuts. Just substituted from PG solution to Boveda packs and am waiting a few days but RH% remains around 60 still. Very annoying!