A Dinner With Didier Smoking NC's

I was missing this Cuban Spanish back & forth banter now for almost 2 weeks now and Didier Houvenaghel, the Belgian-Singaporean-Nicaraguan cigar-maker brought it back to me.

He is a good socio and enjoys the Cuban language and humour just like me.

Right here in the village, at Massimo's, we had an evening of good cigars, discussions about tobacco, harvest quality and heritage.

Didier has been on a 4 week tour of Europe, the US and central America and his last few days are spent here with us.

Today at our Italian restaurant for a private dinner with some 10 good friends and tomorrow he will attend the regular pharmacy cigar meeting.

Let's talk about tonight now :

The first cigar was a La Ley Mareva, an old Cuban Marca that Didier has resurrected and tries to reproduce in its vintage blend, with 4 different countries in its content, Ecuador, Honduras and Nicaragua. Have I missed a country ?? Yes, you might call me an old man, I tend to forget and besides ... what do I know about cigars.

A spicy, well balanced Mareva that I liked a lot.

For more text and Pictures : http://flyingcigar.de/startseite/an-evening-with-didier-houvenaghel-in-the-village/

post-4742-0-96874600-1395697286_thumb.jp

post-4742-0-92870100-1395697288_thumb.jp

post-4742-0-76136200-1395697290_thumb.jp

post-4742-0-22435600-1395697292_thumb.jp

post-4742-0-07341000-1395697294_thumb.jp

post-4742-0-05857600-1395697296_thumb.jp

pig.gif

Nino, Didier's Nicaro cigars and his book was gleefully received at last year's Toronto MegaHerf in the auctions. I'm glad you and Ute helped out in that aspect, and nice to see some of the continuation about him here. Good stuff - thanks for sharing.

Nino, Didier's Nicaro cigars and his book was gleefully received at last year's Toronto MegaHerf in the auctions. I'm glad you and Ute helped out in that aspect, and nice to see some of the continuation about him here. Good stuff - thanks for sharing.

Keith,

happy you liked it !

Didier is a truly good man, cigar-maker and friend - very happy to have had him here.

Just had breakfast and a cigar with him before he left back to S'pore, great fun last night at the pharmacy with him ... check my post.

Nino