King Air humidistat?

Patric M

Is any one using one of these in there humidors? I just picked up a huge 48x16x 70 humidor, It had a King Air Humidistat in it. I have seem in the past in lots of humidors coming with these installed to the plug for a humidifier.

I was just wondering how these work for people, The one in my humidor seems to have a pretty big range in RH. like it comes on at around 60% and turns off at around the 70. this seems to be the best that I can get. Do I just have a crappy unit that needs to be replaced or is this normal?

Since no one has helped you out here Eddy, and while I have no experience with this unit, you could wire around its control with a new control (there are several companies that sell controls), keep the humidifier and just operate it with your own control…

Just my 2cts. -Piggy

• Like 1

Eddy, you might read my article on activation logic.

Some of the many problems with controlled humidors will come from the attempt to place a sensor near an appliance or inside a controller. You put the controller next to the door and every other part of the humidor gets over saturated except the space by the door! This is a humidor design problem.

The same holds true for automated humidifiers (I won't mention any names). With the built in approach and limited circulation there is poor distribution of energy and water vapor in the humidor.

My solutions might be too pricey for you, but it just depends on what you want and how well you want to control it. I am happy to assist you with problems with no obligation to buy anything from me if you are still in need of a solution.

If the humidifier itself is still working then that appliance has value. The cost consideration would be to control around it verses a new unit. You have to measure your benefits.

If your humidor is large a unified solution is better. With a precision monitor/controller you can have it all (based on assumptions that the cabinet itself is designed properly).

One of the best things about component controls, while they are more difficult to wire, they are flexible, mobile (meaning that if you outgrow a project you can take them out) and if a part fails you can replace just the failed part.

Best of luck on your search! -Piggy