CT Valley Tobacco Museum

I just found out there is a 'Connecticut Valley Tobacco Museum' about a 1/2 hr. away from me.

From their pamphlet:

"The Connecticut Valley Tobacco Historical Society was formed in 1988 to help preserve the artifacts and history of the cigar tobacco agriculture in the Connecticut River Valley. The museum itself consists of two structures. First, an existing tobacco curing shed was remodeled to accommodate exhibits of the early and modern equipment used to grow the crop. Second, a year-round facility was built to exhibit photographs, writings and other artifacts."

They're closed until spring, but I will definitely get over there when they open. Yeah, I know, it's not Habanos but it still sounds very interesting.

I wonder if they allow smoking on the premises. ;-} Sounds like a nice place to hang out and have a smoke once it warms up.

Dan

Sounds brilliant! I wish there were things like that here. England was supposedly one of, if not the biggest, tobacco growing countries in Europe/world until Cromwell decided that fun was evil and so outlawed it along with Christmas and dancing :/

Thank god we kicked out that Puritan lot, last I heard they set off west in a ship with some smelly blankets :D

• Like 1