Cigar band glue?

What do they use for glue on the bands of current production CC's?

More specifically: All my cigar bands are impossible to remove in one piece as if they were glued on with regular glue and not pectin. Do I have an issue of concern about authenticity or do they use a much stronger glue than I'm used to from NC's?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

I can't answer your question about what they use but I will say that I experience the same thing. Whatever they use it is different than most NC producers. However, every liga privada Ive had was also difficult to remove without tearing. I wouldn't question authenticity because of this.

Not so much as to what specifically the glue is, but more to the point that it changed from what it was.

I was thinking the glue changed fairly recently, maybe within the last 5-10 years or so. (?)

I remember seeing some vendors offering to ship without the bands on, then shipping the bands later in a separate envelope supposedly to help get the packages get thru to clandestine area's. Folks could then reattach the bands.

This would obviously be near impossible with the way the bands are glued on now.

It made me think either something changed... or something was wrong.

I was mostly just curious and also, put to rest in my mind the chance of some slight possible discrepancy.

Thanks again,

Dan