H. Uppmann Corona Major vs. Petit Corona

I have always found the Corona Major to be a nice morning coffee type smoke with great value. Never though have I had a chance to try the Petit Corona.

I'm headed to Varadero this weekend and debating which of the two to grab. Are they any different?

I have no experience with the Major, but the box of PC I bought towards the end of last year was one of the best boxes I purchased all year. I highly recommend trying them and then judging how you like them. If you are in Cuba you have to try before you buy!!!!

The pc has more complexity and ages more gracefully (IMHO); that said for my taste the corona major lacks roundness and smoothness to be smoked in the morning…

I couldn't have said it better myself. These are two of my regular rotation sticks and while the are definitely both Upmann in flavor, they are two different animals. The Coronas major and minors are both in your face cigars and are rough around the edges. The PC is very balanced and smooth. If I had to choose just 1 stick, I'd go with the HUPC; but only by a nose. The coronas majors are a wicked good stick for the price.

I've always preferred the peppery Coronas Major over the PC.

Although my favourite morning coffee cigar would be the RASCC.

I've always preferred the peppery Coronas Major over the PC.

Although my favourite morning coffee cigar would be the RASCC.

RASCC is a very different flavour profile. I wouldn't even consider it a morning coffee smoke. Normally that would be associated with more of a milder flavour which the RASCC certainly doesn't fall under. Not faulting it, just not what I'm looking for in this case.

• 4 months later...