Rob's Top 25....and most disappointing 25 of 2013.

Hi Rob,

One question regarding box selections for your list, when you say 2013 do you mean just received during 2013 or box dates of 2013?

Thank you again for you wonderful service!

Curtiss

Boxes received through 2013.

This means that roughly 70% - 75% of boxes were 2013 coded. The remainder being mid to late 2012 with a sprinkling of 2011 (slower selling boxes).

In the end it is what you would expect to find buying blind. If I an receiving them with those codes, so are others.

Why no likey the Partagas P2? I just bought a box for an acquaintance who's mad for torpedoes, and they are the prettiest, most well made cigars I've ever beheld. Haven't smoked them of course because, well, you can't serve someone a birthday cake with a big bite out of the side if you know what I mean. Did the P2's disappoint because of high variability? In which case I got lucky with my box, or do they look pretty but stink when lit, in which case I need to grind these up?

And, hey, thanks for the list! I'm going shopping! I would find it entertaining if future lists included the box year if possible . . . just to make my quests even more challenging! cigar.gif I know that asking for box codes AND years would make it an impossible quest, so just year of manufacture please. 2thumbs.gif

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your reply. That was what I would have guessed, but I am glad for the definition. I am sooooo dying for one of those RASS cab 50! love.gif

Thank you and best wishes for a wonderful new year!party.gif

Curtiss

Boxes received through 2013.

This means that roughly 70% - 75% of boxes were 2013 coded. The remainder being mid to late 2012 with a sprinkling of 2011 (slower selling boxes).

In the end it is what you would expect to find buying blind. If I an receiving them with those codes, so are others.

I agree with the majority of the list, but I have a deep love for Partagas Serie E no. 2 and current reyes, different strokes for different folks, Good job!!!

I love them both as well ok.gif

Simply an opinion on quality/flavour based on what I have seen and tasted this year over hundreds of boxes of each. Still some crackers amongst them but the quality bell curve was well to the left of the mean this year.

Ordered a box of 2013 Monte 2's from Rob the week before Christmas. Are these smoking good young, or will laying them down for a while greatly benefit them?

I gave a box of Monte 2's to a friend for Christmas who just smoked 2 and declared them fabulous. IIRC, these boxes were stamped some month in 2012.

Ordered a box of 2013 Monte 2's from Rob the week before Christmas. Are these smoking good young, or will laying them down for a while greatly benefit them?

I grabbed one as well. I will smoke one right away and put the rest down. No way to know how they are smoking young unless you try one!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Very interresting list Rob, as usual. But... Where are the Montecristo Open? Seriously, I'm generally a big fan of P2's. I have about half a box from 09 left in a humi. What you are saying is, don't buy any recent stuff?

Seriously, I'm generally a big fan of P2's. I have about half a box from 09 left in a humi. What you are saying is, don't buy any recent stuff?

Simply a commentary on what I saw troughout 2013. The P2 were very dissapointing, no way to sugar coat it. Yes, you can luck out on a good box but I would put that likelihood at 15-20%.

• 2 weeks later...

This list is invaluable for person that can't go to a B&M to look over what there buying. It's always been kind of a crap shoot. I will be sending a email to you rob and see what the best of the long and small ring gauge have been.