Any paving contractors on here?

I am currently in the process of redoing my whole driveway.

Pretty complex little project because I have pavers at the top, asphalt for most of the driveway and concrete at the bottom apron going to the street.

Any concerns with pouring concrete or laying asphalt when its 50F outside?

My guy said if it's too cold, they will do the finish later of asphalt in the spring.

What is the temp at night ?

With both concrete and asphalt may take days to fully cure....With concrete the water in it will freeze and will leave cracks and voids you may not see them at first but they will come out ...With asphalt it will cure to fast and do about the same

But I live in Minnesota and they pour concrete and lay asphalt all year long....But I am sure that will cost a lot more it takes a lot more work

Hope this helped Eric

Right now it's high 40s at night. They're supposed to pour the concrete tomorrow, 60s during the day and 40s at night. It will rain a little and then go down to 30s over the weekend. If it has a couple days to cure before the cold, is that better or worse?

I would hate to have issues, but I went with these guys because they do a lot of commercial jobs and government jobs so I hope they know what they're doing.

My family runs a paving company and 50 degrees is not to cold we have laid asphalt in the snow before no issues. But putting the top layer on in the spring isn't bad idea.

My family runs a paving company and 50 degrees is not to cold we have laid asphalt in the snow before no issues. But putting the top layer on in the spring isn't bad idea.

They did this on the street in front of my house last year...They left about 3 inches and came back in spring

A good rule of thumb... concrete needs 72 hours above 40°F and 7 days above freezing (32°F) to reach a minimum strength...

Asphalt just needs enough temp (usually 200°F+ material temp) while compaction is being applied. I have done this after pushing the snow out of the way to put the asphalt down... as previously stated.

Final asphalt wear course should be placed in warmer temps if possible... 70°F+... but a lot of variables are involved (oil type, base condition, ect.)