Newfoundland Moose hunt

Philprop

Well, over 2000 Kms diven, 3 and half days of hunting, and didn't see a single Moose. The entire trip was moose free. I am flabbergasted. If you know anything about moose in Newfoundland you know that was happened to us over the last 5 days is completely unheard of. I had a bull only tag and it's not like we saw a Cow or something so we couldn't take it. We didn't see a single moose. Cow, calf, or bull. It's insane.

All in all though, it was an enjoyable trip with good friends. Really disappointed In coming home empty handed but it's a trip I won't soon forget.

Skyfall great sounding sausage mix. I never have good experience with cheese in sausage whether high temp or regular the half dozen times I tried to experiment with cheese. It just dissolves into the meat. Any trick other than watching smoker temperature?

To bad on the destination hunts this year guys. I love moose hunting, but after you drop those big brutes...I feel like those worlds strongest man competitors dragging quarters through the bush:) A bright side when a moose tag comes home with you - all the time you save cleaning, processing, and packaging!

• 1 month later...

Many people here on the forum don't know Ken is secretly a Moose Whisperer. My guess is once Ken caught word of this trip, he tipped off the Moose which in turn was the direct result of your misfortune.

Will you be returning for another trip? Sounds like a great time.

Many people here on the forum don't know Ken is secretly a Moose Whisperer. My guess is once Ken caught word of this trip, he tipped off the Moose which in turn was the direct result of your misfortune.

Will you be returning for another trip? Sounds like a great time.

Hahaha, so it was Kens fault all along. What a cheeky monkey. And we won't be returning this year. Hopefully one of us will be lucky enough to get a tag next fall and we'll head up then. Just the drive is worth it. Albeit long but my province is a thing of beauty and it's nice driving through it. Especially one particular part through Gros Morne national park and them the 2 hour drive up the western coast. The road is only about 50 metres from the ocean so its a nice view.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry you didn't get one, but the trip sounds like it was fun nonetheless.

I clicked on this really hoping to see a pic of you and a dead moose. Maybe next year.

X2

not a hunter myself, used to fish a bit but started to feel bad every time i put a hook in a poor defenseless fishs mouth. All the little fish wanted was something to eat. And here i was making him struggle at the end of a line, for nothing but my own personal pleasure. It wasn't so fun after that.

better luck next time.

• 11 months later...