NRL finals

there are always a few teams one loves to hate in any comp. i'll confess manly is high on my list (with the sharks).

but that win tonight, given what they have gone through and done in the last few weeks, was one of the most courageous i can recall. i was cheering for them by the end. what a game. down 14-0 after about 10 minutes, to win 30-14 was extraordinary. whatever happens next week, i'd even not mind if they won the big one. great stuff.

if the AFL final goes close to matching that game tonight, we are in for a cracker.

and if the blues ever managed a win like that against the maroons, i'd hate it but i'd admire it. i think you have to go back to that origin game years ago when qld lost about three players with broken legs and finished with men down everywhere and still won to match it - the game where the king scored that truly epic try.

i'll hate them again next year but hats off.

I lived in Sydney back in the 80s as a kid, right off of Bondi Beach, so my allegiance was always with the Easts (Roosters) as they were know at the time. Manly was always the brute nobody wanted to face, besides all of the other cardinal directions S, N, W. I guess nothing has changed.