the dumbest scammer?

this one is priceless. sent to me by a winemaker mate.

read to the end, to the sender. magic!

Subject: It's Urgent, Please Respond

It's me, Clare. I know this may sound odd but it all happened very fast. I made a trip to Italy and I misplaced my passport and credit cards. I've contacted my bank and the embassy, the embassy is willing to assist me but my funds are depleted to pay for a new passport fees and other miscellaneous expenses.

I did contact my bank, but it would take 5 working days to access funds from my account. Please can you lend me some funds? I'll pay back, as soon as I return home.

Please respond as soon as you read this message OR drop a message via the hotel desk-Phone: +390144729627, Italy Hotel.

I await your response,

Clare Grapegrowers

Clare Region Winegrape Growers Association

You mean I've been hoodwinked? I thought $23,000.00 was a bit much for a passport but she seemed so sincere... By the way, as I am out some significant funds, I would appreciate any cash you could send my way c/o Clyde Beerguzzler at the Minnesota Hotel

i think that perhaps i have not conveyed my intended meaning re this. understand a squillion of these going around. what made this one highly amusing to me - 'hi, i'm clare'. okay fair enough. legit girl's name. but then the full name - clare grapegrowers.

in australia we have a wine region called the clare valley with an association called the clare grapegrowers, so some dimwitted scammer has been chasing a name and found 'clare' and must have googled or whatever and come up with this.

perhaps you had to be there.

You mean I've been hoodwinked? I thought $23,000.00 was a bit much for a passport but she seemed so sincere... By the way, as I am out some significant funds, I would appreciate any cash you could send my way c/o Clyde Beerguzzler at the Minnesota Hotel

You're a genius