Custom Cigars questions

So I am off to Cuba in about 2 weeks, just have some questions about some Customs. I don't really know what is taboo to talk about openly, but if someone in the know can PM me that would be super.

If you're talking about which of house rollers do the best blend or vitolas then I'm sure I've seen it discussed before....search for santos or mons and you should find some threads discussing it!

If you're wondering about bringing custom rolls out of Cuba, you can bring a maximum of 50 cigars without a shop receipt!

Specifically I am looking for info on Mons and Hamlet. I am going to Havana for just one day with our Cuban friends and their family and I don't want to be making them drive all over the city just for me and my so, so special needs

I think going to Partagas Factory and visiting Hamlet is your best bet. Club Habana, where you get Mons' cigars, is pretty isolated and not within Havana. Partagas on the other hand is centrally located in downtown Havana and offers the opportunity for your group to see other significant sights while also giving you the opportunity to get the cigars you want.

I've attached a map to show the approximate position of Club Habana (left red X) and Partagas (right red X). Hope this helps.

post-7525-0-97630200-1377878193_thumb.jp

I think going to Partagas Factory and visiting Hamlet is your best bet. Club Habana, where you get Mons' cigars, is pretty isolated and not within Havana. Partagas on the other hand is centrally located in downtown Havana and offers the opportunity for your group to see other significant sights while also giving you the opportunity to get the cigars you want.

I've attached a map to show the approximate position of Club Habana (left red X) and Partagas (right red X). Hope this helps.

post-7525-0-97630200-1377878193_thumb.jp

I was in Havana on August 20th and the Partagas Factory was closed for repairs.