What box should i get myself for my birthday?

So i've decided to treat myself to a box for my birthday. I've worked hard all year and i deserve it! haha.

so my question to all of you.....What should i get myself that will keep me under $200 for a box. I've been leaning towards the HDM epicure #2 because i enjoy a stick with a sweeter note rather than peppery. Is there anything else i've overlooked?

Thanks!

Monte Grand Edmundo EL or HU Royal Robustos? In your budget and not regular production. Its your bday so I think you should smoke something a little more special.

I have a box of the MGEs for my bday smoke and when those are done, I'm goin to move onto my Sir Winnie's

I think you will be happy with the HDM #2 as it sounds like you know what you like. I just smoked a very fresh one (LTB FEB 13) from our host and it was a really great cigar after only sitting in my humidor for a month. I was very pleasantly surprised. Have a Happy Birthday!

Your epi #2 sound great, it sounds like you have similar tastes preferences to me; sweet and creamy rather than earthy and strong.

Maybe upmann sir winstons if you want to push the boat out? QDO corona also are lovely and sweet. If Rob can find you some HQ RyJ short churchills too that could be a nice buy.

A box of QDO coronas and a box of Quintero panetelas would probably come in at the same price as a single box of epi #2, both are soft and sweet but you would have an every day cigar in the Quinteros to keep you happy too!

Your epi #2 sound great, it sounds like you have similar tastes preferences to me; sweet and creamy rather than earthy and strong.

Maybe upmann sir winstons if you want to push the boat out? QDO corona also are lovely and sweet. If Rob can find you some HQ RyJ short churchills too that could be a nice buy.

A box of QDO coronas and a box of Quintero panetelas would probably come in at the same price as a single box of epi #2, both are soft and sweet but you would have an every day cigar in the Quinteros to keep you happy too!

Great advice from Captain, clap.gif

I pesonally found the Quintero's always a bit stronger

but haven't tried recent ones (maybe they changed it towards the milder side) -

in case of doubt I certainly would recommend Por Larranaga Montecarlo or Panetela as an alternative.

Cheers, Alex

Is it a birthday milestone? If so, you should dole out some more dough, IMO. For my 40th this year I got myself a box of H Upmann Sir Winston. Definitely a splurge but well worth it and justifiable too.

Rob

haha thank you all for your advice.

captain... i'll have to try all of your recommendations soon!

it's not really a milestone. i'm turning 29, i figured when i turn 30 is when i'll get the behike. i think i'll gave to get it now and let it fancy up my modest humidor for a year haha!

If you haven't had any of the more recent Monty #2 you might want to get a box of those. A 25 box would be over $200, so perhaps just a 10 box if Rob's given them a good review. I've got a cab of the HdM Epi #2 and a cab of Des Dieux, both of which are some of my faves. I don't think the Monty #2 is exactly the same as either, though - I get a lot of floral/tea notes from the Monty, but more cedar and leather from the Epi #2 and Des Dieux (though the DD does give me a bit more of the floral aromas than the Epi #2). I had tried the Monty #2 a few years back and wasn't super-impressed (not bad, but not good - just a bit boring). But these more recent examples are pretty amazing. I'm down to my last half box and may very well pick up another from our host sometime in the near future.

Happy pre-birthday! smile.png

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Keeping to your budget:

2 boxes of BRC Tubos or,

1 box of POL BRC or,

1 box of MUR QdO Coronas or,

1 10 box of Sig VI's or,

1 box of Monte PE and 1 box of Monte 2's (HP by Rob) or,

2 boxes of HQ PSD4's HP by Rob or . . .

I could go on and on.

I almost forgot for sweeter cigars, SLR Serie A or Regio (depending on your vitola preference) are very sweet, in fact they are too sweet for my palette! El Ral Del Mondu demi-tasse are a nice little sweet cigar too

Great call on the Serie A!!!! You reminded me of how much I enjoy them and that I needed to buy some! LOL