Outdoor Natural Gas Built-In Recommendations

Misterblue

I am built a new deck with a spot for a built-in / drop-in natural gas grill. We cook outdoors often but do not have a need for a dedicated smoker, flat griddle, etc. I have not decided on a unit yet but would like to keep it under $1600.00 US. My spot can accomodate a 24"x36" grill. Does anyone have recommendations or opinions on specific brands or units? Any preferences or insight on grate types for these kind of units?

Thanks in advance.

Look at brands like Turbo or Odeon. ONLY get cast iron grates. Cast iron heat deflectors if you can find them. If your budget allows, find partial open flame, partial infrared. Make sure the infrared ceramic tiles are good quality.

If you can't get half n half, find one with an infrared searing station that's at least 20,000 BTU's. get the most BTU's you can! If you have to prioritize your budget , I would do so thusly :

1) BTU's

2) quality of internal materials ( cast iron)

3) surface area

4) half and half open flame/infrared

5) infrared station and/or infrared rotisserie

6) gadgets like lights, smoking drawer ect.

7) always last is quality of external material ( if you keep it clean and covered even cheap stainless will hold up much longer than internal parts, after all you don't cook on the outside of your grill!)

In my opinion, anything less than 70,000 total BTU's is for children, but that's just me.