Punch Serie D'Oro No.1 Edición Regional Reino Unido 2008

oliverdst

Well, guys, first let me tell you that I've bought and smoked this cigar in a (former?) very good tabacaria (cigar shop) in my city, Curitiba.

My last time there was... many years ago. I don't know if it is runned by the same owner until today.

I went to the walk in humidor and found the regular stuff more Punch Serie D'or, Punch Poderosos Suiza and RA Belicoso Alemania.

I bought Punch D'or and RA Belicoso. Punch I smoked there, RA in my humi at this moment.

I am not a Punch fan/expert, my experience with this brand is minimal so before jump on conclusions I want to hear your opinion.

The whole cigar was kind of flat, boring like some like to say. From the beggining to the end it was always the same, mild.

post-15176-0-79033600-1374966650_thumb.j

Ashes white, really white (pic can't show you how).

post-15176-0-88389200-1374966662_thumb.j

I wasn't worried about it, maybe it was just a cigar not for my taste but as time was passing I was kind of intrigued. So I went to Cuban Cigar Website to check some info.

What really annoyed me was the regular ring. In the attached picture you can see it post-15176-0-55382600-1374966669_thumb.j

According to Trevor's site that ring with "RE" was not used in this Regional (just until 2005 was used).

Is it possible that there are 2 different rings for the same Regional?

I wasn't that intrigued because, like I said, not a Punch fan but after that "RE" thing I was really in doubt about its authenticity.

Any help? Thoughts?

Thanks.