Hunting and Cigars

» List species that you can hunt while enjoying a cigar

Dove and Turkey are my things especialy the later. I live for the turkey season. If birds do have a sense of smell they do not seem to be alarmed by odors like the deer do.

I love to sit in the turkey blind and burn some of Castro's finest. I have set down and relit a big cigar several times waiting for the bird to come to the gun.

Kangaroo? Never seen one here in TN. I am surprised they do not react to adors. Can you eat them things?

I do eat beaver and deer, number of legs-unimportant. I must admit that during the turkey season beaver and dear take a back seat.

» List species that you can hunt while enjoying a cigar

i just got back from turkey hunting - in tennessee, no less. i usually smoke on the way back in from the woods.

i also smoke a lot when in the duck blind or goose pit.

» »» i just got back from turkey hunting - in tennessee,

Did you do any good? Where did you go? Was it a paid operation?

After fly down things can get pretty slow before the birds want to work again and I like to burn the best. If the birds don't show I am not bored. I build blinds out of the nat. materials in the woods and therefore I can get by with some movement. Pitty the season is almost over for another year. I have one more hunt to do and I wonder which four sticks get to go along.

Guest Sailor

I have found that while stalking the great Bearded Clam, a cigar is both a joy and subject of conversation. Pursuit of a Full Breasted Bed Thrasher requires more stealth and cunning as they tend to be a bit flighty and often startle easily, therefore, the direction of the wind often comes into play. Now, if I'm just about looking fer some Shelia to make the time pass, cigars have no relevance.:lol:

Sailor.

Ahhh...nice to see that others have had the opportunity to hunt the famous DownUnder Double Breasted "sheila"

Habitat is late Friday afternoon waterholes where it can be found gorging itself to inebriation on ripe fermented delicacies.

It is essential to approach camouflaged in an Armani leisure suit, Porsche, Swiss Watch and Cohiba.

Guest Sailor

» Sailor.

»

» Ahhh...nice to see that others have had the opportunity to hunt the famous

» DownUnder Double Breasted "sheila"

»

I've often taken my limit using only a black American Express card.

» » »» i just got back from turkey hunting - in tennessee,

»

» Did you do any good? Where did you go? Was it a paid operation?

»

» After fly down things can get pretty slow before the birds want to work

» again and I like to burn the best.

i was hunting on my secretary's farm, one of about 15 that i frequent. we called one up within 20 yards, and he backsided us. we were in an open treeline, and could not turn for a shot.

generally, i don't use a blind, but rather set up in heavy cover or in a stand of trees. i have hunted with a pop up blind several times this year.