Anyone here a panelbeater (autobody/paint) person?

Howdy All,

I am working with my 15yr old son to get my granddad's 72 Chevy truck ready for paint...this will be his ride for High School.

We are also prepping my 70 Suburban 4wd for paint as they will have matching blue with white top looks and we might as well do one right after the other.

Looking for any tips from fellow brothers of the leaf who have done bodywork or paint before.

Here is the truck in the background

suburban-115.jpg

and here is the burb

oldironoldmines-6.jpg

The panel shop up the street from us here are very good. In the little over a year that we have been here, that shop has worked on 5 yes, 5 Czar vehicles that have been damaged right here. Most of the damage has come from Rob's son Ben.

Best Advice I can offer is to take your time with the prep work

The best paint job in the world can be ruined by rushed or shoddy surface preperation

All the sanding is the worst part of body work so its easy to tae a look at it and say "that'll do" when you know you've still or 2 or 3 grades of paper to go.

I rushed my first respray a couple of years ago and it looked wicked for about 12 months then i had to sand it all back and start again cause the paint started to lift in places where I rushed it

The panel shop up the street from us here are very good. In the little over a year that we have been here, that shop has worked on 5 yes, 5 Czar vehicles that have been damaged right here. Most of the damage has come from Rob's son Ben.

Wow. And said without a hint of bitterness there.

Ben brought you lunch to make up for it, didn't he?

:D LOL.