Time to make you guys a little jealous...

But uh, what is that you're drinking?

Vinho Verde.

Sure makes me jealous - whereabouts in the Algarve are you, more on the Lagos side or ( I'd rather guess ) the Faro side ??

Enjoy !!

Nino your absolutley right. Im on the faro side.

And i must say im loving the vino verde. Complimented the BPC very nicely with bitter apple and pear flavours.

The trusty BPC was glorious as always. She is and always has been one of my desert island smokes.

I will post a few pics of my cigar journey over the next week.

Hope you guys enjoy and get to experience something similar very soon. If not i hope your sunmers treat you all well.

Stevie

Hi Stevie,

Hope your enjoying your trip, the BBF are my everyday cigar.

I'm arriving in Faro on the 11th August 2013 for 4 days.

Can you please recommend a place to stay and if we should stay in Faro or go to Algarve? I'm travelling with my wife.

Cheers

IC

How far from Lisbon is this??

Quite a long way.

Lisbon is about half way up Portugal, whereas the Algarve is the Southern coastline.

There is plenty of really nice coast near the Lisbon though, around Cascais, Obidos and the lovely little town of Nazare..

Nino your absolutley right. Im on the faro side.

Stevie,

if you happen to drive past, stop at the Sheraton Algarve atop of Falesia Beach ( 8 klicks before Albufeira ) and enjoy a cigar at the open air bar overlooking the beach and canyon - spectacular and one of my choice spots there.

Across from the main gate of the Sheraton are a couple of "dirty spoons" - the best for local fare is Adega Ti Costa, good friends and tasty !!

Also, a great little spot is next door at Olhos d'Agua, right at the beach, Bar Forja - say hello from me to the owner Licinio.

Enjoy !

post-4742-0-98249000-1372580152_thumb.jp

post-4742-0-38656000-1372580161_thumb.jp

post-4742-0-30700200-1372580158_thumb.jp

Nino!

Thanks evernso much mate, that place you suggested is a 5 minute taxi ride from my hotel.

Ive just shown my girlfriend your post and we are going tomorrow evening.

If i bump into your friend i will pass on your regards.

Thanks again mate

What's to be jealous of?

It's 8 deg C and raining here, which is the only reason we won't have zero deg and frost in the morning.

Thanks for the pics. I _really_ need a holiday now.

Enjoy!

Nino!

Thanks evernso much mate, that place you suggested is a 5 minute taxi ride from my hotel.

Ive just shown my girlfriend your post and we are going tomorrow evening.

If i bump into your friend i will pass on your regards.

Thanks again mate

Stevie,

splendid, I hope you enjoy it !

Have the cab take you right up into the Sheraton ( it's a very large luxury village incl. Pine Cliffs and a 70 acre golf course ) and cross the lobby to the rear, walk past the pool garden and you have the bar overlooking the Atlantic, the beach and the canyon down to the sea.

Another very good place for seafood, grilled meat and local dishes is "Retiro da Isca", about 2 minutes inland from there, you might pass it on the way to the Sheraton tucked away in a curve.

We've enjoyed "Adega Ti Costa", for over 20 years - the owner Fernando being a great hunter for wild rabbit, boar, pheasant etc., lovely family.

The sundowner we take at "Bar Forja" in Olhos d'Agua right at the end by the beach - Licinio can also prepare some great mussels, seafood etc. if you like it local and basic. The octopus salad ( Salada de povo ) is fingerlicking.

Avoid "La Cigale" the fancy "pseudo french" expensive place opposite.

Some more pics plus a guide to the Algarve I posted back in '04 :

http://flyingcigar.de/travel-cigars/201010-algarve-revisited/

http://flyingcigar.de/travel-cigars/200409-algarve/

PS : Monday is a bad day for seafood, the market being closed over the week-end ...

That is sterling advice nino.

I will let you know how it pans out and hopefully snap a few pics.

Im staying at the grande real st eulalia so olhos d'agua is literally down te road.

I will be sure to read your blog entry on the algarve while enjoying a monte edmundo this evening.

Thank you so much nino

That is on hell of a tip!!!!

you don't want to be covermouth.gifblink.png on vacations

Ha, socio Simon,

I'm not talking Delhi Belly or Karachi Quick Step here ... they sure have great refrigeration and a good frozen selection, but for fresh and just caught seafood, Mondays are not .... right :-)

That is sterling advice nino.

I will let you know how it pans out and hopefully snap a few pics.

Im staying at the grande real st eulalia so olhos d'agua is literally down te road.

I will be sure to read your blog entry on the algarve while enjoying a monte edmundo this evening.

Thank you so much nino

My pleasure Stevie,

you're staying at a great place, congratulations !

We visited the Grande Real just after its opening and liked it a lot, even posted a link to it on that guide, truly an oasis.

Stayed often across from it at Balaia Village.

Now, enjoy your time and your experience there.

Retiro da Isca is then 2 minutes from the Sheraton inland, Adega Ti Costa across the main gate to the Sheraton. You might want to try the places.

Have a good time !

Hi Stevie,

Between your great vacation and Nino's tips, I am indeed very jealous!....but, I am enjoying this thread immensely.

I look forward to your continued postings of your trip and wish you and your wife happy trails.

Thank you for sharing,

Curtiss

Thankyou nonameno...

On that note i shall post a quick pic.

Enjoying a partagas short before dinner.

post-7077-13726298634456.jpg

Followed it up with a mag 46 after dinner. Who needs chololate ice cream when we have the mag 46?!

Having a monte edmundo tomorrow which i will dedicate to the wonderful nino munoz and his superb cigar odyssey as demonstrated in his wonderful blog. Again thankyou nino.

Stevie