What's your bandwidth?

Every now and then I like to see what kind of upload/download speeds I'm getting on my broadband connection.

From speakeasy.net/speedtest today (Atlanta<>New York):

Your Speed Result:

Download Speed: 24214 kbps (3026.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 5541 kbps (692.6 KB/sec transfer rate)

That and my gaming computer may have had a little to do with my luck on Monday evening....pages refresh really quickly.

As someone said: "Mike's too fast"

What's yours?

LOL! Yeah, that comment was mine, Mike. I was laughing as I wrote that thinking "this guy must have a big block V-8 of a computer, or something". lmao.gif

I'll have to check mine, I'm pretty sure it's slower than your. I'll tell ya something else that doesn't work well, or doesn't for me, is trying to grab a box while on my i-pad. oh and forget the i-phone, thats a no go. no.gif

84/32 according to speakeasy. Gotta love fiber!

Damn, now that's fast!

once upon a time I had very fast internet........then I moved to Mexico........then I moved to Grand Cayman.

I work for a FTTH provider but we havent built out to where I am yet so currently I use the local telco ADSL and get approx 5-6 down and .5 up. Horrible but a step up from Mexico thats for sure.

Kind of a rabbit hole, but as a purveyor of dedicated fiber internet connections on this island, its funny to see where people put the tipping point in terms of bandwidth. Sure, the inversely proportionate bandwidth/price curve that you see in most first world nations hasnt come here yet, but for a nation that has been suckling on crappy adsl for decades, its almost like they feel a 50x50 or higher connection is just vapor ware.

kuala lumpur 6.6 down, 4.6 up sad.png

That's about what I got on the best day with AT&T DSL - when it even worked.

They keep trying to get me to come back with all kinds of deals....yeah right!