Any Black Sabbath fans here?

First new album in over 30 years was just released. Eagerly waiting my copy from amazon. The songs I have heard are pretty darn good for a bunch of 65 year old rockers!

I was raised on Sabbath! I've only heard the one tune off of the new album...God is Dead, I think? I wasn't blown away but I will most certainly buy the album and take it for a few spins.

I've not heard the new album, but funnily enough the Paranoid album was spinning at my place last night. I love me some Planet Caravan with the lights turned down!

Planet Caravan is one of my favorites. Along with Hand of Doom. It changes constantly...but at the moment Sabotage is my favorite album.

Only the 60's/early 70's stuff! New Bs is just that BS.

Really? Rage against the machine drummer?

Sounds interesting, definitely have to check it out, grew up on Sabbath, Metallica, Faith No More and Rage.

So now a member of each of those bands has played with Ozzy

13 is as close as guys who are well into their 60's can get to the sound of the first four albums. The anger is gone but the riffs and musicianship are there. Can't wait to see them in July.

Only thing you have to wish for is that Ozzy's voice is good. Saw him live about a year ago, first 10 songs of the show we're destroyed by him...

• Like 1

Yea, saw them a couple of months back in Auckland.

The new drummer put on a great drum solo so the old geezers could go out back and have their blood transfusions, suck back oxygen or whatever the hell they had to do to get through the last half of the show. They were on stage for nearly 2 hours and put on a great show... Ozzy seamed to give it his all but wasn't as lively as he was when I saw him about 4-5 years ago.

I saw Ozzy in the early 90's and back then he seemed to shuffle around the stage like Tim Conway's "old Man" character on the Carol Burnett Show! I can only imagine now.

• Like 1

I saw Ozzy in the early 90's and back then he seemed to shuffle around the stage like Tim Conway's "old Man" character on the Carol Burnett Show! I can only imagine now.

Ozzy didn't venture too far from the (relative) safety of his micophone stand. But he did jump up and down a bit (while holding onto the stand). Wasn't really expecting too much more than that, certainly nothing like Iron Maiden's running and jumping fest from a few years ago... but then they're (slightly) younger.

Still they put on a really great show, but then I don't get to that many to really compare them very much.

I'm going to see them in August and I can't wait.Love me some classic Sabbath.My friend has the new release on vinyl,but is refusing to open it.He's hunting for the CD right now and going to burn me a copy.

• 1 year later...

Saw sabbath at Madison square garden when I was 17...does not seem possible that it was 38 years ago. They were awesome but the warm up band lit the place on fire, they were a little band from Boston no one knew called Aerosmith!

Sabbath took all the hottest new bands on the road. In '78 Van Halen was kicked off of 3 separate tours for blowing the headliners off the stage. Sabbath had no reservations in taking them out and the rest is history.

• Like 1