Hey guys,

Here in Oz, every Australia Day there is a tradition of BBQs, beer,backyard cricket and the Triple J hottest 100 countdown. Over the past month the radio station (Triple J) has been running a poll on what is everyones top 20 songs of the past 20 years. Here is what the Australian public for http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hottest100/alltime/20years/

What would be your top 20 songs of the past 20 years? It took me 3 solid days to think about mine. Im interested to hear what yours would be.

As a JJJ listeren since the days of Mikey Robins and Helen Razor (sometime in the 90's) I was actually supprised by the mix across the decades. Though I think Jeff Buckley is overrated and only one song from Nick Cave!!

Me too! Arcade Fire should have had a couple songs in there. And more RATM. It's all the kids skewing the results.

Killing in the name is not in the top 100. That was the biggest surprise to me. That and Creep by Radiohead didnt get a gig

"Monster" by Seppenwolf applies today as it did 40 years ago. Check it out you will see what I mean.

Wow. Worst list I've ever seen. Oz... surprised Kylie Minogue didn't have all of the top 5. LOL

Cheers,

Greg

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX HD

Killing in the name is not in the top 100. That was the biggest surprise to me. That and Creep by Radiohead didnt get a gig

Dont think that creep would make it into the 20 year limit.

The songs were chosen from 1992-2012. Creep was released in 1992.It went number 1 in the 1992 hottest 100

Well then creep should have been on the list for sure despite that fact that the compilers of the list can not count. 1992-2012 inclusive is 21 years and not 20.

Well then creep should have been on the list for sure despite that fact that the compilers of the list can not count. 1992-2012 inclusive is 21 years and not 20.

It was actually from 1st of Jan, 1993 to 31st Dec, 2012. Hence songs like Creep and Smells Like Teen Spirit didn't make the cut.

But this is usually an annual event, often regarded as the largest music democracy in the world today.

Worth noting, a couple years ago, Triple J held the Hottest 100 of All-time.

Which was a little more palatable, check out the list here --> http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/hottest100_alltime/