Help me please with my new wineador...

next

Hi FOH´s....

First, sorry my bad english... and i hope your good tips

I am going to make my own wineador, because mi deck humidor is very small (and with last LFW is full and some new boxes are homeless)

The wine cooler will be a Cavanova CV 028, made in Spain. In Chile there are only few brands to purchase. But is it well done, digital, 12-18º C and thermoelectric.

The internal volume is about 65 liters (2,3 square feet)

I will replace their metal trays by cedar ones, and will have a cedar drawer to single cigars

My doubts are related with what electronic humificator to use on the bottom level.... Adorini LeVeil, Hydra LG, OASYS XL Plus or an OASYS II XL? Are there other to consider? (not so expensive please!)

Is it necessary to use acrylpolymer pads? What kind and brand do you recommend me?

In your experience, will be necessary to install another fan? or two?

(it´s important to know because i need to import all humidification equipment)

I will appreciate your experienced and wise answers...

Thanks a lot,

Eduardo

post-16455-0-30485900-1369776105_thumb.j

Welcome Eduardo! Ive a setup similar to yours ( 32 bottle thermo, cedar shelves replaced), and have 2 pounds of 65% beads. My model comes with 2 fans one each in upper and lower section, so I would recommend at least 2 fans for good air circulation. Rh and temp rock solid for me ( tested on a data logger every so often).

But.....much depends on your local climate, and where you store the fridge. Storage in a place where ambient temp is not above plus /minus 10 degress Celsius of the the temp you set your fridge at helps. Settings used by many is 18c and 65rh or thereabouts. One lesson I've learned is not to overthink it. Cigars arent as fragile as you may think.

There are lots (and lots and lots) of posts on the forum re wineador setups, so might be an idea to search through to get some further ideas.

Thanks Dimmers....

I ´ve decided HCM beads (9 ounces) and 2-external fans.... the only doubt I have is to choose the electronic humidifier.... I am researching about the following:

* Hydra LG

* Oasys II XL

* Le Veil 56 (not, because uses crystal gel, I prefer water)

* Moist `n` Air (so big! 9 1/4 L x5 1/4 W x 9 H)

What should I do? What do you recommend me to buy?

Thanks again,

Eduardo

I am using the Oasis, and 3 pounds of beads, and my oasis now has the easiest job ever! It never turns on, unless I have the door open for awhile on dry days. I did use lots of Spanish cedar to line all walls as well.

pezyvute.jpg

Like I said, LOTS of cedar!

eby8a7yb.jpg

You can see the Oasis on the right of the middle shelf. It is more than enough, and I live in a very dry environment. Good luck Eduardo!

Nice Rye!

Next - perhaps hold off on the electic humidification, you might not need it. See how the humi holds temp/rh just with beads (but id recommend more than 9 ounces - go to 1 or 2 lbs for your size humi) , may be enough for your climate.

I have same 28bottles wineador.

Check your unit if the fan always on, if it is then you don't need xtra fans. For humi, I just use boveda pack that come with cigars when box buy. I only use wineador for box storage and long term ( I check them out often whenever I look it and can not resist) so I don't bother to line with cedar too. I use 150 cnt desktop humidor to store the sticks that I smoke within that month.

I am about to buy new wineador, maybe 78 or 125 bottle cnt so if you haven't buy it yet, I would recommend you go all out and big. Jason

Thanks Dimmers, Rye and Upmann....

I´m going to try only with beads. The fan is always on and with cedar trays and shelves could be enough.

then.... what kind and brand of beads you recomend me?

Boveda, HCM? other?

Canisters, bags or sticks?

How should I distribute them in the wineador?

65% or 70%?

8 or 9 ounces? the internal volume is 2,37 square-feet and about 500 cigars in their boxes

Thanks again

Eduardo

(an unexperienced new wineador user)

Hi,

Boveda for me, just peace if mine. Like I said, use the mini pack that come with box buy, once all box/sticks recharge to your desire humi, there no worries if you open the wineador a few times a day. Usually the mini boveda pack came as 69% from most vendor but I find store cigars at 65% better. Check it on eBay for cheap boveda pack.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Hi Eduardo -

I have a 28 Vinotemp - I use beads only, brand is Heartfelt Idustries - I have had no problems - enjoy the project

X2 Never had a problem with heartfelt industries beads.

I have 2 wine fridges both using only beads.

• 2 weeks later...