Nifty little wineador fan project...

WillGSX

So now that my wineador has been up and running for awhile, I have noticed a lot of humidity fluctuation between top and bottom levels as well as within the drawers. Figured I would give the fans a shot and try to do something a little different. Enjoy!

I started with an empty box of PSD4 10s and drilled 8 holes for a small screw to go through. On the other end of the screws I would place an aluminum standoff.

null_zpsf42cf0f7.jpg

Then I ran longer screws through the fan mounts and into the other end of the standoffs.

null_zps3d0aeded.jpg

Just another angle here....

null_zps64678e77.jpg

Here are both fans mounted. I cut the MOLEX connectors off, as well as the end of a universal multi-volt AC adapter and connected both the fans to the AC wires. I kept all the wires inside the PSD4 box to keep it looking clean. Ran the AC wire into the side of the box to be connected inside.

null_zpsd3d52af8.jpg

Here is the mess to be contained by the box.

null_zps871c4494.jpg

And with the box lid reattached and closed...

null_zpsdaee1b58.jpg

With power attached both fans operate. The AC adapter is 3v - 12v so by adjusting that I can effectively adjust the fan speed. At 3v they are very slow which I will try first to get some good mixing in the wineador.

null_zps6974f8ec.jpg

And here she is in her final resting place below the false bottom drawer.

null_zpsa1a87c4a.jpg

I'm confident that with some thrifty online shopping this entire project can be completed for around $20. I was bored and was looking for a project so I purchased everything from RadioShack and paid a bit more for the convenience of NOW.

2x 80mm LED Case Fans - $11.99

1x Universal AC Adapter w/voltage setting - $21.99

2x PCB Standoffs (4x in each) - $3.98

Grand Total - $37.96 + tax

wow that is pretty cool....

You could add a water tray under there and almost have an active humidification setup :)

I assume you use beads in your wine-ador?

Thanks for the write up as I might give that a go

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...