Mailman come....

So work today was not your typical get up and to the office, instead by my wife's request, it was building an outdoor sectional for our screened-in porch out of 2x4's.

Gents, if your wife/girlfriend has not discovered the evil website known as Pinterest, block the URL from all devices she has access to.

null_zps5c085ee9.jpg

Granted, it's been an absolutely gorgeous day here in NJ, so working outside isn't a terrible thing.

The mailman came midway through the project bearing gifts from Oz.

null_zpse63ce660.jpg

They'll rest in humi, but I do plan on smoking at least one in a week or so after they have a chance to settle.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Really wasn't too bad of a project vs. other remodeling/construction ventures I've undertaken around the house in the past.

Here it's in it's new home with cushions (just need to hit the screw holes with filler, sand and stain):

null_zps2992f354.jpg

Can't wait till the weekend when the RE's have rested a bit and ready to be fired up on the new furniture.

Try a little Walnut stain on the sectional...........it'll score MAJOR points with the wifey. Great job either way. ok.gif

Thats pretty awesome! How many 2x4's did you use?

Thanks Jorge.

Total # of 2x4's I believe was 33. Each corner/end section was 6 and each regular section was 5.

I basically made all the cuts and marked all the pieces and then built the sections.

Great job it looks like a nice relaxing spot! I just received my three pack in the mail, too! Can't wait to try. Think I will wait a few months though as they are so young still

So work today was not your typical get up and to the office, instead by my wife's request, it was building an outdoor sectional for our screened-in porch out of 2x4's.

Gents, if your wife/girlfriend has not discovered the evil website known as Pinterest, block the URL from all devices she has access to.

null_zps5c085ee9.jpg

Granted, it's been an absolutely gorgeous day here in NJ, so working outside isn't a terrible thing.

The mailman came midway through the project bearing gifts from Oz.

null_zpse63ce660.jpg

They'll rest in humi, but I do plan on smoking at least one in a week or so after they have a chance to settle.

I just received mine today...........letting them cure for a bit; before I smoke one......can't wait.cigar.gif