Mules, we love them but...

What does it cost for a mule to bring back 50 cigars this days? In 2012 it was nothing, as I understand, also in 2011 and 2010?

Can anyone from Canada enlighten the rest of the world?

Shlomo? Anyone else on this thread?

Nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

My Mule just returned from Cayo Coco, over the weekend.

post-5330-0-21204700-1364825230_thumb.jp

post-5330-0-66059600-1364825239_thumb.jp

post-5330-0-94931600-1364825250_thumb.jp

post-5330-0-04192300-1364825259_thumb.jp

Good Mule. Very good Mule.

EDIT, sorry for the crappy iPhone pics. Boxes are 4 x Montecristo 520 (2012 LE), 3 x Cohiba Pirmides Extra, 3 x Montecristo Grand Edmundo 2010 LE).

Instructed a friend going to Varadero to grab me a box of RASS and Epi 2's... i had explained to him in detail where and which employee to deal with as well as a dissertation on not buying off anyone offering 'a deal'.... fast forward to a week later him coming back with "an amazing deal" he couldnt pass up... the result 2 boxes of green formaldehyde smelling moldy Monte 4's... Ironically he was excited that i didnt want them because he felt he could make much more selling them... last time i checked no takers of yet :)

This friend needs to be slapped. I hope NOBODY buys them. Sucks he is being greedy, not to mention foolish and not caring that he is peddling fake cigars.

You'd have to be blind and without the sense of smell to buy any in fact im pretty sure you'd get sick if you tried smoking one... i really should have taken photos it was classic....

My Mule just returned from Cayo Coco, over the weekend.

post-5330-0-21204700-1364825230_thumb.jp

post-5330-0-66059600-1364825239_thumb.jp

post-5330-0-94931600-1364825250_thumb.jp

post-5330-0-04192300-1364825259_thumb.jp

Good Mule. Very good Mule.

EDIT, sorry for the crappy iPhone pics. Boxes are 4 x Montecristo 520 (2012 LE), 3 x Cohiba Pirmides Extra, 3 x Montecristo Grand Edmundo 2010 LE).

Holy Crap

Buy that Mule a beer!

Law enables everyone who goes to Cuba to bring 50 cigars in Canada You just have to ask politely.

For "personal consumption"

My last mule brought me back some LGC Inmensos, Punch DC's and some VR classicos. The one before brought me back LCG MdO 2 and a box of BHK 56, which was not on the list, but was told they were the best.

I can't complain, every thing they've brought back appears to be real and checks out, and generally what I am looking for. I'd rather the BHK's over guants any day, but just for the price i'd have rather had another box or 2 of MdO 2's

Instructed a friend going to Varadero to grab me a box of RASS and Epi 2's... i had explained to him in detail where and which employee to deal with as well as a dissertation on not buying off anyone offering 'a deal'.... fast forward to a week later him coming back with "an amazing deal" he couldnt pass up... the result 2 boxes of green formaldehyde smelling moldy Monte 4's... Ironically he was excited that i didnt want them because he felt he could make much more selling them... last time i checked no takers of yet smile.png

I gave the same sort of instructions to my mule and told him who to buy from, with photographs of each of my choices, in order of preference. Also told him that I wanted to see the original receipt issued. Still keeping my fingers crossed that he doesn't get way-laid into going next door to buy crap.

Bigfunkyg, the oils on those Grand Edmundos look great. Enjoy!!!

Thanks, one of the boxes of 520's looked similar. They have been chosen to have a nice long sleep in the back of the humidor. I smoked my first 520 last night and was impressed. Will get much better with some age.