Tupperdor Containers

Livo

Anyone have any recommendations for the best tupperdor containers. I've ruled out a cooler because of how it needs to stack in my closet. I've been looking at different totes and plastic containers from the container store.

http://www.container...71235&rpp=10000

Probably a dumb question, but does it need to be 100% airtight or would mostly airtight be better? I'm thinking this would require recharging beads more often, but would allow a little more airflow.

Needs to hold 5-10 boxes.

Thanks,

Livo

I'm just using standard tupperware containers where the lid clicks shut if you see what I mean, no clips/clasps/seals/etc and they work fine with beads, occasional recharges but far less than my desktop humi, more than my cabinet... Swings and roundabouts eh!

I currently use the one you linked the page to, watertight totes. This contained works great. RH barely budges, and I hardly ever have to recharge the beads in it. I have it completely filled with boxes/cabs. I'm actually looking to add a second to stack on top. Thanks for the link, now I know where to get it. The store I bought it no longer carries them

I recommend!

I currently use the one you linked the page to, watertight totes. This contained works great. RH barely budges, and I hardly ever have to recharge the beads in it. I have it completely filled with boxes/cabs. I'm actually looking to add a second to stack on top. Thanks for the link, now I know where to get it. The store I bought it no longer carries them

I recommend!

Thanks for the reply. I'm headed to the store tomorrow to check out what they have.

So right before I was about to go to the store to check out the tupperware containers my wife says she has a container in her car with some blankets in it that I might be able to take the blankets out of and use. I go to look and it is the exact container I was going to the store to check out - I mean exactly.

Emptied it, wiped it out with some distilled water, and am working on bringing it up to a proper humidity level now. It already had absolutely no plastic smell so it barely required any prep.

Has a good seal. Looks like it is going to work fantastic!

Show us a pic when when you have the goods loaded up!

I found myself at the container store a couple days ago and picked up the 30qt size. Beads are enroute so it's just a matter of time til I get her filled up!

Sterilite has a line of plastic containers now, that come in some varying sizes, some quite large, and they are clear plastic with a great rubber/silicone seal/gasket to them, and locking clasps/handles on two opposing sides. Those might be a great option.

Something like this....

Sterilite-19322706-rw-162526-250778.jpgSterilite-19322706-rw-162526-446996.jpg

The ones pictured are 20-quart ones, but I know they come in different sizes and shapes. And Sterilite stuff is fairly commonly available at most if not all of the big chain stores, I think.

I'd definitely recommend more sealed as your best option.

Show us a pic when when you have the goods loaded up!

I found myself at the container store a couple days ago and picked up the 30qt size. Beads are enroute so it's just a matter of time til I get her filled up!

The one I have is the 30qt. It works great! Hopefully, with self control it'll be big enough.

I'll try to get a pic of my young, modest collection up soon.