Seven Psychopaths

Ryan

Just saw this last night.

Written and directed by "In Bruges's" Martin McDonagh.

For any "In Bruges", Tarantino-style or Christopher Walken fans, it's right up your alley.

One review I saw mentioned that the film was fine until "the final act, where it crawled up its own backside". I wouldn't be that harsh on the ending, it does slow down a bit, though there is a final bit with Christopher Walken describing a "Viet-cong" out for revenge that is fantastic.

Christopher Walken does a big "Christopher Walken" all over the screen, always brilliant.

Sam Rockwell is great, Woody Harrellson does his usual comically deranged bad guy.

Tom Waits is brilliant. He tells a story in the film in a way that only Tom Waits can.

Colin Farrell kinds of sits back and lets the others get on with it. Fine with me.

There is some violence, shooting mostly, but nothing close to that of "Pulp Fiction" for example

Well worth a look.

Yeah, I really like Martin McDonaghs stuff.

I read and heard mixed reviews, but will still check this out.

Many reviews saying "it's not as good as In Bruges"..but there isn't that much that is. Will his career suffer by making such a great film?

Sam Rockwell is one of the most under rated Hollywood actors...and anything with Tom Waits must be seen.

I'll be watching it some how.