Tonight's menu: Porterhouse!

ptrthgr8

Tonight's dinner will be 3.18 pounds of Porterhouse goodness and baked Russet potatoes. Seasonings for the steak includes kosher salt, a pepper blend, and a light application of a mesquite rub.

aqasa3uv.jpg

Steaks properly seasoned and ready to go, along with the lineup of the evening's beverages of choice:

y9aba9yp.jpg

Steaks will be charcoal and wood fired - mesquite and hickory, as usual. Baked potatoes will have butter, kosher salt, and black pepper.

I've not decided which cigar to have after dinner (too many to choose from, definitely a good problem to have) though I'm leaning towards a Montecristo Grand Edmundo. Or maybe a PSP2. Or maybe both. :)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

now that sounds great! I'm working on a great beef stew myself though with the 7 week old kid I dont think I'll have much time for 2 cigars post meal. Enjoy!

Some more photos of this evening's meatscape!

Porterhouse on the grill. Snowy outside, but the warmth and smokey goodness from the grill put a smile on my face:

esusy3y3.jpg

Plated and ready to eat!

vasuqysy.jpg

Dinner was outstanding. Decided first after dinner smoke will be a Monte GE courtesy Sven and company.

epytery5.jpg

I'm hoping this GE is better than the one I smoked last week. Got the three box deal from the Czar and the first one I smoked was a complete **** - uneven burn, tunneled, kept going out. It happens from time to time with these handmade smokes, but I hope it was an exception.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

What the...? You can't even write "t.u.r.d" without the forum software censoring you? Wow. How uptight! LOL ;)

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

Didn't actually get around to cracking the Pio open. After a few beers while prepping dinner I ended up switching to rum during the mean - sorta skipped the wine entirely - and then moved to the scotch after dinner with the cigar. I'm actually pretty disappointed in those Monte GE so far... I'm now 0 for 2 on these suckers. Yet another dog of a cigar with unever burn and tunneling. I think I may just toss all three boxes into the back of the cabinet and forget about them for several years. Maybe that will make them worth smoking.

Cheers,

~ Greg ~

• 2 weeks later...