Grilled pizza? Yes, please.

j0z3r

I've recently gotten into making my own pizza from scratch. Decided to try cooking on the grill and it came out great. Will absolutely do this again.

IMG_20121108_155607_zpsb919f064.jpg

IMG_20121108_160524_zpse76a58b7.jpg

IMG_20121108_160751_zps77d135fa.jpg

IMG_20121108_160855_zps9c4d9104.jpg

No sauce on this one, just diced Roma tomatoes, chopped garlic, a healthy drizzle of evoo, salt, pepper, moderate sprinkling of mozzarella, a little crumbled feta. Finished with some fresh basil and another drizzle.

The crust was super crispy and the toppings made it light and fresh. Very nice for a late lunch.

Thanks. I make a pretty decent sauce, if I do say so myself. :D

I just got some Italian San Marzano tomatoes in today, so there will be more pics to come in part deux.

Stay tuned. :)

Good job and they look the biz!

I've been doing pizza on my webber bbq for years now and I must say that only a proper woodfired pizza comes close if I gotta have pizza out. One of the kids favourite pizza toppings on a lightly sauced base is very thinly sliced potato (transparent thin) with some salt and fresh rosemary on top....cook as long as you can without burning the base...delicious. Always a winner and guests think you are mad...that is until they taste them....

That sounds really good. I will have to try that out one of these days.

Had a similarly cooked pizza pie at a friends place last Christmas (or thereabouts). Definitely very good. Now I want to try it. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Good luck if you try it. Nothing beats homemade.

Now, on to part two...this time with sauce.

IMG_20121115_131756_zps9ec30795.jpg

IMG_20121115_132641_zpsd4a56063.jpg

A healthy spread of my chunky sauce, a nice sprinkle of shredded parmesan, fresh mozzarella and a bit of crumbled feta. Finished with a touch of salt and pepper and a nice drizzle of evoo.

I call it...Lunch! :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

If you can, find somebody to cut you a ring section from a 44 gallon drum, cut out a wide section from the bottom of the ring, then roll the top and bottom edges. Sit it on top of your Weber (should fit within the rim), pop the lid on and then you have your own little pizza oven.

Kinda like this: (not mine)

KettleOven001.jpg

Shove your heatbeads, briquettes or charcoal at the back to get (opposite to the u shaped cut out) to get a convection going to cook the top and bottom.

No need to buy one of these:

IMG_6755.jpg

And the best part, with the left over 44 gallon drum, you can cut another ring section to make a rotisserie ring!!

IMAG0268.jpg