New Wineador

pjansen

Hey guys just got my Newair 28 Bottle Thermoelectric Wine Cooler and need some advice as to what kind of fans do yall recommend for circulation? I read an older post in that Brazoseagle said 1 inch fans... Also how do I power these?

Thanks

post-12371-0-74623300-1342231504.jpg

Nice wineador! I'm pretty sure most people use just regular cpu fans. How they tapped the wires, I have no clue since I know nothing in that field, but I've seen people stick the wires through the hole where the condensation goes out.

I have the same cooler and I like it. I drilled a hole in the back and put a computer fan, plugged it into a timer. Fan comes on about 1 time every hour and stays on for 15 minutes.

Humidity sits 65 to 66 and temp 63 to 64. I made some Spanish Cedar shelves I think it would be easier to buy them already done.

I have two extra large 60% rh tubes and then a pound of 65 beads. The worst trouble I had was the plastic smell. I wiped it down with white vinegar, baking soda and water I also heard to put news paper in it and leave it for awhile.

I have had mine a little over a year and very happy with it just remember if the power goes of it will revert back to 57 degrees or mine does. Curtis

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I have the same cooler and I like it. I drilled a hole in the back and put a computer fan, plugged it into a timer. Fan comes on about 1 time every hour and stays on for 15 minutes.

Humidity sits 65 to 66 and temp 63 to 64. I made some Spanish Cedar shelves I think it would be easier to buy them already done.

I have two extra large 60% rh tubes and then a pound of 65 beads. The worst trouble I had was the plastic smell. I wiped it down with white vinegar, baking soda and water I also heard to put news paper in it and leave it for awhile.

I have had mine a little over a year and very happy with it just remember if the power goes of it will revert back to 57 degrees or mine does. Curtis

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What did you do with the drain for condensation? Also how did you wire the fans? Did you have to convert the power from a wall socket so it wouldn't fry the fans?

I've heard good things about the staff at RadioShack in the US and I'll enthusiastically recommend the Jaycar staff in Australia.

They'll usually be very happy to draw a diagram or at least explain all the options you have.

Tell them exactly what you need and don't go home with more than a fan, a switch and maybe some wire and crimp connectors. Stay away from 120/240v AC, just use an old 12v power supply from a cordless telephone, modem/router or another piece of junk electronics. Most fans readily available are 12v.

Let me know you want me to go into much more detail.

Tryed this and fans run nonstop

Right, I never wired mine directly to the oasis. I wired them into a separate ribbon cord DC adapter that I plugged into a timer and into the wall.

Here is the timer I use on all of my fans.

http://www.amazon.co...=ge+15154+timer

http://www.cigarfresh.com/index.php?/vmchk/Electronic-Humidifier-Accessories/View-all-products.html

Tryed this and fans run nonstop

I haven't set one of these up, but is there a reason not to want the fun running all the time?

I'd have thought it will ensure the best consistency of humidity and temp throughout the whole internal space and being inside should reduce a lot of the noise.

If it's a noise problem, you get more flow and lower speeds (and lower noise) by going to greater diameter fans.

A typical PC fan is 80mm and pushes ~20-30cubic feet/min, 20dBA and ~2000rpm.

A 120mm fan does 70-80CFM for the similar noise and speed, or still double the 80mm fan's CFM at much lower speeds.

30,000-to-40,000hours is typical life expectancy for these fans.

Another thing to look for is the depth of the fan. Most are 25mm/1", but you can get deeper ones that will push a lot more air with steeper blades.

I haven't set one of these up, but is there a reason not to want the fun running all the time?

I'd have thought it will ensure the best consistency of humidity and temp throughout the whole internal space and being inside should reduce a lot of the noise.

If it's a noise problem, you get more flow and lower speeds (and lower noise) by going to greater diameter fans.

A typical PC fan is 80mm and pushes ~20-30cubic feet/min, 20dBA and ~2000rpm.

A 120mm fan does 70-80CFM for the similar noise and speed, or still double the 80mm fan's CFM at much lower speeds.

30,000-to-40,000hours is typical life expectancy for these fans.

Another thing to look for is the depth of the fan. Most are 25mm/1", but you can get deeper ones that will push a lot more air with steeper blades.

Constant moving air can be very bad for your cigars. Constantly moving air can dry out cigars and beads with aggression.

I have my fans to run for 7 minutes every hour, that's it. Other than that I let the fan from the oasis do it's job when the RH needs to be balanced.

Kind of three main options.

Use CPU fans. Either run them non-stop, or wire them to a wiring circuit.

Use extra fans added on to a Cigar Oasis or Hydra unit. They work great, and cycle on and off as needed.

Or, use Oust fans. Five minutes on every fifteen minutes, and run for about 4 months or so on a D-cell battery. My favourite, and simple - no wiring, or other issues. Just make sure to use a brand-new one (:D;)). Works great in coolerdors and other cabinet/humidor types where you want it simple and effective.