Shoutbox

Ophidion

Over the past few days I have noticed that some posts are completely not going through and the time stamp for a lot of posts is showing as 8-10 hours behind (or ahead depending on how you look at it). This has been going on for several other people as well and is not just limited to myself.

Some troubleshooting steps I have taken:

-Resetting safari

-Re-installing java

-Trying other browsers (safari/chrome/firefox)

-Creating a test user on my computer to eliminate a bad plist file as the source (it wasn't)

-Testing in a known good operating system (running computer from external drive with a fresh copy of the operating system to eliminate any local software issues)

None of these steps has resolved the issue.

I've cleared the Shoutbox table in the database, I believe the timestamp somehow became corrupted during the short outage yesterday. I've posted a quick test and it seems to be back on track.

That means all past shouts are gone, but by it's nature a shoutbox is time-sensitive and transient, so I don't think it'll be a big deal. Unfortunately there was no other obvious fix.

[edit]There's still a problem with the datestamp in the Shoutbox. Some are future dated which pushes others down the list.

I don't think the problem is limited to the shoutbox. I've posted another thread, and the problem seems to affects post in threads as well.