Our Adventure.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm that yellow snow sure is salty....

Cheers again to you all, and thanks Magnus for the info on cigars, as we are heading that way soon...

You all should go to Norway, it is the most beautifully wild place I've been, photos don't do it justice.

There's a few more right here.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pictures there Kevin. BTW Martin at Kindcigars says if you shoot him a mail a couple days before you go past he might be able to arrange a herf at his place.. ;)

Magnus, thanks for putting me in touch with Martin, who was a great host to Claire and I..much like the rest of Sweden...we had a couple of Sant Luis reys as we picked his brains about places to visit nearby.

I sit in a cafe in Falsterbo as I type.

If any of you guys are in the area, check out Kind Cigars.

Thanks mate, Kevin.

• 2 weeks later...

Should you find yourselves in Helsinki, go and see Petro (db69 on this forum).

Claire and I met up with him, and like the whole of Finland, he treated us to some really warm hospitality.

We smoked some great cigars, drank some port, and the good times rolled.....Kiitos Petro

Have been enjoying your blog, looks like you guys are having a great trip. Thanks for keeping us updated during your journeys. Maybe one day you can head down this way for a tour of Aust. Plenty of invitations would go out to you I'm sure.

Cheers Mate, we would love to travel Australia, and you never know, I may knock on your door one day!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Tim.

We have had to ship the necessary part from the UK to Estonia, so two weeks have gone by in a log cabin, waiting.

It's a really nice place to wait though. Itching to get back on the road. Should hopefully be moving again next week.....

cheers mate.

• 3 weeks later...

It's really nice to read your stories about your trip. :clap:

Where are you heading next? How about seeing Jimi Tenor live in A'dam on 12th October? I think I'm gonna be there...

Btw, not all of the BMW drivers are the same ;) Drive safely!

Where are you heading next? How about seeing Jimi Tenor live in A'dam on 12th October? I think I'm gonna be there...

Kippis Petro,

Currently in Czech Republic, heading steadily east then south for the last of the summer.

We won't be in Amsterdam around that time, but will let you know when we are, maybe we could have drink?

Enjoying Jimi Tenor Higher Planes in the van as we travel.

I know, not all Beemer drivers are the same, and I am receiving much abuse from friends who own them! I am maybe a little bitter, as one tried to kill us!

Enjoy the gig mate, Kevin.

Kippis Petro,

Currently in Czech Republic, heading steadily east then south for the last of the summer.

We won't be in Amsterdam around that time, but will let you know when we are, maybe we could have drink?

Enjoying Jimi Tenor Higher Planes in the van as we travel.

I know, not all Beemer drivers are the same, and I am receiving much abuse from friends who own them! I am maybe a little bitter, as one tried to kill us!

Enjoy the gig mate, Kevin.

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely!!!! :2thumbs: Enjoy and don't forget to try the dark lagers - I absolutely love them. :buddies:

Definitely, I drank as much as my bladder could deal with, enjoyed light and dark from every micro brewery I could find...a lovely country, with the added bonus of great beer, and good places to drink and smoke a cigar..la belle vie?

Here lies Slovalia and Romania, impalers and all......

Nice reading and highly interesting :thumbsup:

If you pass through central Germany on the way back home before I leave for Cuba in 3 weeks, stop by my village for a pit stop, some more beer or local wine & cigars before the last leg.

Nino

Nice reading and highly interesting :thumbsup:

If you pass through central Germany on the way back home before I leave for Cuba in 3 weeks, stop by my village for a pit stop, some more beer or local wine & cigars before the last leg.

Nino

Thanks Nino,

I'm not sure when we are traveling through Germany, but when we are I will drop you a message, and would love to meet for a smoke and a drink. Hope fully before or after your trip.

I hope Cuba is as good as ever!

Cheers, Kevin.

Great trip - I've always enjoyed Budapest a lot, old world charm and all that plus lovely cafes and good food and wines ( not to mention Barak Palinka and Unicum, yummy ! ).

See that you've had a cup at Cafe New York, nice place.

Balaton is a nice area in the summer, but then full of Germans for the spas, at least round the Heviz area where we spent some days last year.

Many from former East Germany, as Hungary was one of the few places they were allowed to visit freely and meet their West German relatives during the cold war / iron wall period.

Good food there as well and great vineyards.

Safe travels !

Great trip - I've always enjoyed Budapest a lot, old world charm and all that plus lovely cafes and good food and wines ( not to mention Barak Palinka and Unicum, yummy ! ).

See that you've had a cup at Cafe New York, nice place.

Balaton is a nice area in the summer, but then full of Germans for the spas, at least round the Heviz area where we spent some days last year.

Many from former East Germany, as Hungary was one of the few places they were allowed to visit freely and meet their West German relatives during the cold war / iron wall period.

Good food there as well and great vineyards.

Safe travels !

Hey Nino, greetings from Split.

Yep, Budapest is a must for anyone on a European tour, all that anyone could ask from a European capital, the food, wines, architecture....I tried the Palinka at a sausage and Palinka festival....blimey, it takes the hairs off your nostrils!

The only negatives I sometimes find with the Capitals (less so Budapest, more so Prague, Riga) is the amount of English stag parties..my compatriots vomiting on their shoes and shouting "Oi Oi" to each other..hey ho, I must be getting old.

It was interesting speaking to the East German chap in Tokaj, I don't think I'd met anyone before who had a tale to tell of life in the GDR...The joys of travel.

We've just been entertained in a bar here by a Croatian ex soldier, very nice guy but terribly pissed. Apparently there are loads of damaged folk from the Balkans war who just float around here, aimlessly bothering people. The police turned up and shooed him away, at the behest of the bar owner, while I was enjoying chatting to the guy...shame really. Again, the joy of travelling, I think, is the people you meet.

Edit,

Sad not to find a decent cigar shop/bar in Budapest. Do you know of one?

The only one I found was attached to a hotel...selling only a few Cubans.

Well,

about the Palinka (peach), you'll find it again - or have already - disguised as Slivowitz (plum) in the FROY, anywhere in the Balkans, really.

Grows hairs on your chest ... and cleans your nose and sinuses. Good stuff if it's decently made or home distilled.

Can't say about Prague or Riga, never been there really outside the runway - but have read about the parties by the tourists on low cost carriers ... guess people that wouldn't have taken a subway 20 yrs back fly nowadays, that's progress I guess :confused:

Should we meet round here I'll introduce you to one of my buddies from Eastern Germany who left right after the wall crumbled ( and introduced us to Hungary and the Balaton ), nice guy who can also tell you a few things about the situation then in the GDR over a good cigar here in the village.

As for cigar bars/shops in BUD - haven't been there for many years, but if you need to know, I'll find some for you from my BUD friends, let me know.

Safe travels !

Nino