Cigar Evolution

I was wondering about this for sometime now.

Which cuban cigars, in your opinion, has good evolution, in the sense that the dominant flavour(not the layers or depth) changes as we smoke the cigar? Also, if you have experienced that this only happens after the cigar is aged, kindly mention that as well.

I have smoked qutie a few vitolas by now, & though many of them are pretty tasty or flavourful, they do not necessarily evolve in terms of the dominant flavour. Many cigars for example are pretty sweet from almost the beginning till the end - tasty , yes - but evolution, not really(except maybe in a very subtle way, like the sweetness slightly changing from one draw to another).

So FOH-ers here who have experience , please chip in with your experiences.

To start off, i might say that the CoRo, when on, can evolve very well.

Cheers :thumbsup:

I smoked a Des Dieux with about 10 years on it last night, man that was an outstanding cigar and each one continues to outperform the last. It ended a near 180 from its beginning. Since I was pulling weeds and a bit distracted I really can't detail last nights smoke, but in general it starts out a creamy with a touch of sweetness and woody, but ends with more of a dry toasted bread and vanilla. Man it was good. I can still taste it this morning.

I do greatly enjoy a few Petit Coronas such as the Bolivar, PL, Monte, and even H Upmann. I can't say there's much evolution found in the smaller cigars, in my opinion. I haven't really dived into the larger cigar camp, such as Double Coronas... I'm really eyeing the sampler Rob put together the other day. I'd expect some good evolution in the larger format.