qld suffer injury pre the next state of origin

• you would swear that this should be dated april first.

828979-dave-taylor.jpg

Dave Taylor trains today with a bandage on his head. Source: The Courier-Mail

QUEENSLAND have suffered an injury scare ahead of State of Origin II in Sydney on Wednesday night, with giant back rower Dave Taylor falling out of bed.

The 122kg South Sydney forward turned up at the Maroons' first official training session at Coolum on the Sunshine Coast on Thursday with his head wrapped in bandages.

The team's media manager Frank Barrett told reporters Taylor injured his head after falling out of his bed during the night.

Whenever I see Dave Taylor running it reminds me of the giant walking trees from Lord of the Rings; players hang off him, he knocks down everyone in his path and drags the ball over the line. A nice addition to QLD that I hope- in time- pays dividends.

That being said, go Blues! :)

for such a massive unit, he has amazing ball skills and footwork, and chip kicks etc. but he is not einstein.

He may not be Einstein Ken, but if he's fallen out of bed he appears to have gravity mastered. Therefore he may in fact be Newton?

for such a massive unit, he has amazing ball skills and footwork, and chip kicks etc. but he is not einstein.

If I may steal a quote from Joe Theismann, "Nobody in footbal should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein". :wacko: