My Eventful Morning

I'm not sure if many of you have been through the town of College Station, TX, but if you have, I'm sure you remember the eyesore of a building called the Plaza Hotel. Finally someone bought the place and decided to demolish it. Well 3 weeks later, at 6:30AM, they imploded the building, just like they do to all the Vegas hotels. It was quite possibly the most exciting thing to happen to the town since Barack Obama made a campaign stop at Texas A&M University.

Myself and Colton (aggie2014) convinced the local cigar shop, at which I am a member and he is an employee, to throw an event to commemorate the demolition. So at 5AM, we along with around 20 others flocked to the cigar shop to grab an early morning stick and watch the building explode. Needless to say, the event was a success and watching a building explode directly in front of you gets the blood pumping in the morning.

I've included the video link below. This was shot from the group standing directly behind us. Just thought i would share the unusual morning that I had.

Could you feel the ground shake or anything when the controlled explosives went off or when the building was coming down?

Dude, they blew up university tower (apparently now known as plaza).....what are they going to do with the space? Rushman, class of 91.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.c...1710,-87.070484

May I suggest a new state of the art Rape Crisis Center, for the football players and coaches to use for the upcoming seasons in the SEC!

Rush: They are putting up a 4-story apartment building with retail space on the first floor. Hurricane Harry's is being torn down and they are putting up a 17-story apartment complex for student housing. Lots of change along University Dr. and Northgate. I can't wait to see what they will do with Kyle Field now that they voted to either expand it or build a new one. We won't find out about that till next football season, this season they are researching to see what needs to happen.

IcedCanuck: I couldn't feel the ground shake, but it was very loud. They were 10 min. behind schedule and forgot to tell everyone, so we just sat there with our ears covered looking odd for a while. Then it blew.

May I suggest a new state of the art Rape Crisis Center, for the football players and coaches to use for the upcoming seasons in the SEC!

David, that is pretty funny, but too cruel. Now that we have the Memorial Student Center done and reopened, we can use that for grief counseling as well as group therapy for coping with loss, lol.

It will be interesting to see how Baylor does now that the beloved RG3 has moved up in the world.

David, that is pretty funny, but too cruel. Now that we have the Memorial Student Center done and reopened, we can use that for grief counseling as well as group therapy for coping with loss, lol.

It will be interesting to see how Baylor does now that the beloved RG3 has moved up in the world.

Who knows, David I think you might be surprised.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=20.631806,-87.070551

i'm just delighted to see thsat people from that part of the world think the redskins is moving up!

You are right here Ken. I guess moving up can be described as moving from NCAA to NFL in this case. Not much more though.

Hell, Ken you won't likely get this, but moving from Waco, Tx to Amarillo, Tx is MOVING UP, so it's all relative.

Having said that, and to save brother eagles time, college station ain't no great shakes either!1

Hell, Ken you won't likely get this, but moving from Waco, Tx to Amarillo, Tx is MOVING UP, so it's all relative.

Having said that, and to save brother eagles time, college station ain't no great shakes either!1

Waco to Amarillo.....really?.....really?

Even though you saved my time, I lived in College Station for a year and a half, lived down Rock Prairie. I'll take Waco over CS any day.

More disturbing news....what happened to Hurricane Harry's? So no more Hall of Fame or the "Sluracane" ? So basically no more good bars left, huh? Is O'bannon's still there?

okay, i have no idea what you guys are talking about (skins still have rg3, tho) but i assume it is why so many people try and move from down south to glorious qld.

I got as far south as the Mayan Riviera!

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=20.630199,-87.069685