Summer Fishing: Rumble of the Red's

Miami101

Another trip to the Everglades to find Red gold. The day started slow and we had to find our zone. I treid not to repeat any photos of fish..I was happy just to be out on the water.

We saw Snappers, Sharks, Tarpons, Sea Tours, and Red's. Please keep in mind all the fish below got release back into the water to fight another day, and for my son to catch one day. Catch & Release it is working!

Here are the photos...

IMG_2724.jpg

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2931.jpg

REDtp2.jpg

IMG_2941.jpg

Time to Catch up:

IMG_0709.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

This is the Avg Size, and bigger.

IMG_0693-1.jpg

It on Kirk on fire, and I'm working to catch up:

IMG_0696final2.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

Time to Catch up:

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_0700222final.jpg

Same fish next two photos: Nice release:

IMG_2958.jpg

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

Kirk turn up the heat again:

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_2944.jpg

Shark time: 4 Sharks in total. These are the smaller Sharks..not to crazy about Sharks..

IMG_0721.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_0690finalworkshit.jpg

The Shark was a black tip. I was told they taste great, so I kept one to try it.

They give a nice fight....I'm going to do a few Fly fishing trips soon as the winds slow down...go after bone fish etc.

Here is a shot of the one I kept...I was told to keep them not to big the meat would be good. We had another that was about six feet on the line, and after 20 min's she broke free.

IMG_0727.jpg

great stuff. very envious. way too long since i had a fish.

is that a small bull shark? prevalent?

Let me know if you plan on coming down this way...we would have to do a few trips: I will goes half with you.

1. Key West: Bone, Permit, Tarpon

2. Dry Tortugas after large Snappers, Mahi Mahi, Sailfish, Wahoo and Tuna thes etrips are over night

3. Flamingo Everglades: Redfish, Tarpon, Snook I would recommend Boat, and Kayak (Boat on Snakebite, and back country) (Kayak back country after Black Drums etc) No cost...I have everything.

4.Last I would recommend jumping over to the islands hit some Bone fishing on the fly...it is about $50 to $75 to go via boat, and hop island to island looking for those Bones.

I would use Reel and Fly...Note fishing down here with a reel is more like fly fishing you are using a platic bait, and moving up on the fish.

The Shark was a black tip. I was told they taste great, so I kept one to try it.

They give a nice fight....I'm going to do a few Fly fishing trips soon as the winds slow down...go after bone fish etc.

Here is a shot of the one I kept...I was told to keep them not to big the meat would be good. We had another that was about six feet on the line, and after 20 min's she broke free.

IMG_0727.jpg

Keep the shark and send me the Mangrove Snapper in your other post instead. Its ridiculous how terrible the seafood is here in Houston. Frozen EVERYTHING.

• 4 weeks later...

Rock on Carlos....... :perfect10:

Quick question, do you ever target those butterfly peacock bass in and around the canals? Looks like they would be a hoot...

Yes Peacock:

I have them in the lake behind my house: They fight very good, and get big these are small.

DSC02796-1.jpg

DSC02794.jpg

peacock3.jpg

Brother

peacock2.jpg

peacock1.jpg