Need Recomendation

smokebus

Hi,

I currently have 2 nice glasstop 150 ct humidors. My only issue is that I would like to be better able to keep track of box dates and age of my cigars. The best way I can think of doing this is just by keeping them in their original box, which would require me to get something larger.

So, I really need to know what the best solution would be for storing about 15-20 boxes. I have a basement that keeps a fairly good temp, so I don't think that a cooler is absoultely necessary, but I would be open to the idea.

Also, I've always wondered if cigars kept in their boxes have their own micro-climate. In other words, it just seems intuitively that the RH may be different in the humidor than in the box that's in the humidor. I guess somehow the RH seeps in/out more easily than I would imagine - is that right?

• 3 weeks later...

I know that many people like the cooler idea. I just have a hard time using a cooler instead of a traditional humidor. I was able to find a traditional humidor for about $150 that holds about 30 boxes. It really is labeled as a large desktop humidor but I don't know what else you would put on your desktop if you had this thing sitting out.